Ip problem

TexasTrash

Reaction score
My wifi used to work fine intill i got a new router. the ip address the moto droid shows is different then the one my netgear is showing. How do i change this in the phone.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wifi used to work fine intill i got a new router. the ip address the moto droid shows is different then the one my netgear is showing. How do i change this in the phone.

First :welcome:
Second the ip address your phone shows is given to it by the router, unless you had previously checked 'use static IP.' Make sure that is not selected and then restart wifi (or if need be restart your phone).

If it's still not connecting double check you passwords and be sure MAC filtering is enabled on the router.

For future reference what router are you using? And what security protocols? There are known issues with a couple or routers and older protocols. Make sure you're using WPA2 and TKIP.

Last edited:
OP
TexasTrash

TexasTrash

Reaction score
I have the wpn824v3 netgear router, i'v had it about a week and just noticed the wifi connects and has full signal but will not load anything. the security is wpa-psk (tkip). should it be wpa2

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the wpn824v3 netgear router, i'v had it about a week and just noticed the wifi connects and has full signal but will not load anything. the security is wpa-psk (tkip). should it be wpa2

Yes, switch to WPA2 (keep tkip, but try for a tkip+aes) and change the passwords on both devices and try again.