Since Froyo - WiFi N Problems @ Home

Twist747

Reaction score
I've noticed a few problems since updating to Froyo on my Droid 1. In my home, I have two wireless routers (1 upstairs, 1 down). One router is a G & N router. I read once that the N may be the problem but can't find anything recently. Is this a known problem?

It worked like a charm before Froyo, but now I can't obtain an IP address at all.

OP
Twist747

Twist747

Reaction score
droid doesn't use wireless N...

I understand that. Let me try again.

One of my routers uses B, G & N. The comment that I remember reading several weeks ago was that a person deactivated the N on his router and his Droid 1 connected again.

My problem is that my TV connects via N and my laptop and Droid connects via G, so I can't just turn off the N.

So, my issue is when Froyo was installed on my Droid 1, I cannot connect to my home network at all. It connects just fine to other networks such as my office which is G only.

Does this help?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I understand that. Let me try again.

One of my routers uses B, G & N. The comment that I remember reading several weeks ago was that a person deactivated the N on his router and his Droid 1 connected again.

My problem is that my TV connects via N and my laptop and Droid connects via G, so I can't just turn off the N.

So, my issue is when Froyo was installed on my Droid 1, I cannot connect to my home network at all. It connects just fine to other networks such as my office which is G only.

Does this help?

I have a b/g/n router and have no problems (before or after Froyo). However, I think you're on the right track to suspect your router's N connection. Since you have both a b/g/n and a b/g I'd suggest turning off your b/g/n router altogether to see if you can connect your droid to the other router.

If that is indeed the problem, you may have to find another b/g/n router. I know that some routers (despite being "b/g/n") are actually EITHER b/g or n. That may be your problem. If it is, you may have a system setting that controls the feature.

Paul1201

Reaction score

Does this help?

I think you may have read my post soon after 2.2 came out about having to change my router to B/G from B/G/N for Froyo. AfterI did that my Droid has connected flawlessly to my network at home.

I did the manual update to the new OTA and have not tried changing the router back to B/G/N. Now I'm curious since the 1.6 mb update supposedly had new WiFi drivers. I'll have to try it out now when I get a chance.

OP
Twist747

Twist747

Reaction score

I did the manual update to the new OTA and have not tried changing the router back to B/G/N. Now I'm curious since the 1.6 mb update supposedly had new WiFi drivers. I'll have to try it out now when I get a chance.

The "New" update that you are refering to... Is this the recent update that is supposed to give us the ability to run Adobe Flash? I have not received that update yet.

I am still having problems. I have unpluged the b/g/n router and can't connect to the b/g one. I have also deactivated the wirless on the b/g router and tried to connect to the b/g/n with no luck. Wierd!

Paul1201

Reaction score
Yeah that is the update I mean. I tried sitting my router back to Mixed (B/G/N) and I am still unable to connect with my Droid that way. After I changed it back to B/G my Droid connected to my router.

OP
Twist747

Twist747

Reaction score
Yeah that is the update I mean. I tried sitting my router back to Mixed (B/G/N) and I am still unable to connect with my Droid that way. After I changed it back to B/G my Droid connected to my router.

OK. So this is the problem that I am speaking about. What's the deal? On my router, my laptop is able to connect via g, my tv is able to connect via n, but my droid can't connect if n is turned on.

Anyone know what this is all about? Obviously the new update of Froyo 2.2 (FRG22D) doesn't help.