"Invalid credentials" email sync

Wopback

Reaction score
Need help........my gmail and ymail will not sync. It will ask me for password and then when I put it in, I get a message saying invalid credentials...I can't even delete the account.....anyone? Anyone?

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Need help........my gmail and ymail will not sync. It will ask me for password and then when I put it in, I get a message saying invalid credentials...I can't even delete the account.....anyone? Anyone?

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do. You are using the Gmail client app pre-installed on the phone and you are trying to use it to access your Yahoo email account? I've never used Gmail to access any email except Gmail. There is another Email client that can pull POP3 email, but you might actually like the Yahoo Mail apps that are on the Google Play Store better.

I just tried to use it to access my Yahoo email but it said that account already exists. Since I have it installed on the Yahoo Mail app, perhaps it will not allow it to be added to the Gmail client.

Try this...go to the home screen, then hit the Menu button (bottom left on the phone, looks like 3 lines), then hit Settings, then Accounts. This will be a list of all the external accounts configured on the phone. You can change your profile for the ymail account there, add password, change naming, or delet it.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do. You are using the Gmail client app pre-installed on the phone and you are trying to use it to access your Yahoo email account? I've never used Gmail to access any email except Gmail. There is another Email client that can pull POP3 email, but you might actually like the Yahoo Mail apps that are on the Google Play Store better.

I just tried to use it to access my Yahoo email but it said that account already exists. Since I have it installed on the Yahoo Mail app, perhaps it will not allow it to be added to the Gmail client.

Try this...go to the home screen, then hit the Menu button (bottom left on the phone, looks like 3 lines), then hit Settings, then Accounts. This will be a list of all the external accounts configured on the phone. You can change your profile for the ymail account there, add password, change naming, or delet it.

Hey man!!! You showed up late. I thought you'd show up earlier....I had to do a FR. I use the stock email on her which allows you to configure different accounts. I messed with the Back up assistant and it messed it up.....all is good now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey man!!! You showed up late. I thought you'd show up earlier....I had to do a FR. I use the stock email on her which allows you to configure different accounts. I messed with the Back up assistant and it messed it up.....all is good now

Hehe, well I can't be here ALL the time, you know! LOL! Thanks for thinking of me though. Well I'm glad that all is well again in the Wopback community~! ;)

SallyC

Reaction score
Hehe, well I can't be here ALL the time, you know!

You don't mean to tell us you HAVE A LIFE????? shock.gif

vry5

Reaction score
I use the stock email on her which allows you to configure different accounts. I messed with the Back up assistant and it messed it up.....

I'm having the same problem... how did you fix it?

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to do a factory reset and turn the BUA back "on" through the Verizon web site

mmickelson

Reaction score
Same issue, with Yahoo Mail

I'm using the default email app and have had my Yahoo account set up and working quite a while. Just recently, it tells me Invalid Credentials. I can't delete the account to re-add it because when I try, it says Invalid Credentials. I've checked the password and everything to make sure it's all correct, but like I said, it's been working for a long time.

Please help! I don't want to have to Factory Reset the phone!

gnique

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem with my razr maxx. It just started yesterday. I have no idea how to fix it. If you find out please let me know ([email protected]). Thanks - Nicholas

Framinmama

Reaction score
mmickelson and gnique-I too am having the same problem. I use aol thru the default email app. All was fine until I used the back up assistant for the first time. Now I'm also getting the Invalid Credentials messages-tried to delete account to no avail. Anyone with ideas please let us know! Is this a common Droid issue or razr/maxx issue? Thanks!

mfloyd

Reaction score
I too had the same problem with getting the invalid credentials message. Only way I got it solved was by a factory reset. Called Verizon about the issue and the tech said it was a known problem with the razr and do the factory reset first. I had just set up my accounts the day before and the yahoo app never would work properly and the Gmail app quit working two days later. Hopefully no more issues with it.