Intro thread: Old PC hacker now with I-Mac, learning the ins/outs of Droid rooting.

GWacha

Reaction score
Greetings all:

I am an old Blackberry user that wanted to get into the mainstream with a Droid, and chose the Droid Pro as my transport vehicle, July will be a year ago, via "freebie-refurb w/new Verizon contract on my then-gf's account.
Before I even got my first bill, she and I split. She turned my phone off (which cost her $350 early cancel, I'm guessing...LOL).:icon_ banana:
So I searched and found I could put it on PagePlus since it was originally activated on VZW (I'm told I shouldn't tell that to PagePlus though, as smartphones are a "no no?" Really?).
Went through the OTA upgrade for Froyo, then GB, but still every time I go to something via Data, all of that VZW bloatware takes off, and zaps my battery in no time, so I've been researching rooting so I can freeze with Titanium. No problems with never going above GB (since new release calendar says Pro won't go any higher) just want to save my battery life.
Kudos to all of the expert hackers on this forum. I am an old PC hacker...started out in the '80s with a Packard-Bell 486SX25 (for anyone that can remember the beginner days) with Microsoft Windows 3.1, then 3.11 for Workgroups.
As technology has progressed, I've been fairly successful with PC repair, and if I can get this "Rooting" down pat, will add it to my repertoire of services for the "Working Joes and Janes."

Peace and happiness to all, and I'm out!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Thanks for the great introduction. Enjoy and good luck with the ins and outs of rooting :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Jump in & enjoy!!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome. If you can crack and mod computers, rooting will be a non-issue for you so no worries. Most rooting tools are one click or close to it.