internal storage full please help

earlybill1

Reaction score
I've went into manage apps and looked though downloaded apps and internal apps. My downloaded apps says 1.5 GB used and 1.5 GB free. My internal says 8.0 GB used and 3.0 MB free.....now in internal apps some apps have a blue check in the little box on the right and of all those apps I have no idea what they are , all of them have a little grey area on left that android on top and a little android guy in that area with a SD card next to it plus they all start with com.( whatever all this means) . So I have no clue as to what they are and I'm afraid to delete them what can I do to get more space or figure out which to delete please thanks for any help

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Besides the apps, Google Play Music stores all the downloaded MP3's in the internal storage. Do you use Google Play Music?

David

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Besides the apps, Google Play Music stores all the downloaded MP3's in the internal storage. Do you use Google Play Music?

David

Really not sure what to look for but I will search when I get home and get back to ya. How would I take a pic of it to post on this open thread so u can see what I'm talking about.....plus if I do find those which I do have a lot of songs downloaded what are you thinking I should do cause I'd really like to keep most of my tunes lol

YellowJacket

Reaction score
to take a picture/screenshot, go to the page you want to snap a picture of and press the power button and volume down button at the same time until you hear the camera click sound then release. the picture will be stored in your photo gallery. from there you can move it to your computer or use an app like photobucket to upload it.

I had a problem with all my music on the internal storage so I just hooked my phone up to my computer and moved it from the internal storage to the SD card.

David

aarong03

Reaction score
to take a picture/screenshot, go to the page you want to snap a picture of and press the power button and volume down button at the same time until you hear the camera click sound then release. the picture will be stored in your photo gallery. from there you can move it to your computer or use an app like photobucket to upload it.

I had a problem with all my music on the internal storage so I just hooked my phone up to my computer and moved it from the internal storage to the SD card.

David

You may want to try Scan Disk memory zone. I use it for moving files on my phone to the external card.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I've went into manage apps and looked though downloaded apps and internal apps. My downloaded apps says 1.5 GB used and 1.5 GB free. My internal says 8.0 GB used and 3.0 MB free.....now in internal apps some apps have a blue check in the little box on the right and of all those apps I have no idea what they are , all of them have a little grey area on left that android on top and a little android guy in that area with a SD card next to it plus they all start with com.( whatever all this means) . So I have no clue as to what they are and I'm afraid to delete them what can I do to get more space or figure out which to delete please thanks for any help

By default, all apps download data (including pictures, music, etc) to internal storage. Most have the option to download to external storage, SD card. You can use any file manager app to move multiple data files (start with pictures, DCIM folder, and music) from internal to your SD card. Good Luck!

lilkoala

Reaction score
same problem, int. storage full but still space left.

I called motorola and verizon. They had me clear my cache. i had already moved all apps it allowed me to to ext. Sd.
Now they tell me to format and start over. Other threads here have said that it didn't work. Does anyone know the partition size for apps and how to make it larger?
Should i reformat?

hellajc

Reaction score
I think I know

I think I know a possible solution. I actually had this problem yesterday. After I scoured the internet I kept reading that the phone was junk or a low end model. Bull... I have a note 2. So after searching through my phone I found in my settings/application manager/ media storage was using up over 9 gigs of storage!!!!!! I know the media storage is used for things such as ringtones and the factory media player (which I don't use since for some reason it can't find the music on my ext sd card). What I did was cleared the data, then restart my phone. Problem solved. I restarted my phone because after I cleared the data my phone couldn't access my ringtones and alarms. After restarting it, All was recognized again and I had normal operation. I'm not sure what caused this to happen or why it happened. I'm sure it will happen again in the future, but it has been over 24 hours and my phone is still operating normally.