Internal memory

dexstar

Reaction score
I was just surfing through some of the settings on my new tbolt when I noticed it said I only had like 2 gb internal available. So I moved as many apps over to my SD card and only free like 500 mb. So I took a look around with astro and found a folder named proc that had hundreds of folders all titled with 3-4 digit numbers and all containing the exact same thing. So I had astro attempt to calculate size and it made it force close because the size never stopped calculating. So my question is what is this and can I fix it without reseting? Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a software problem and will hopefully be fixed in an upcoming update. This is according to htc.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

droidmatic

Reaction score
So, is not being able to use the internal memory for anything but system data an android thing, or is that specific to the device? It seems pretty silly to have 8 gigs of internal memory if you only need like 4 max. I have like 6gb on my d2, and its not like I try to save space. Also, just because it kind of irks me, is using the internal memory more something that a custom rom could do, or is that something that is built into android?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidmatic

Reaction score
I am rooted, and I know I can access it, but in order to actually play music from it or anything like that, I have to go through and play it song by song, or at least that's my understanding of it.

sent from my droid2 on libo.

Reaction score
You may be right. People always reference using astro or another file manager to access their songs, as the music player only searches the SD card. This is because by default, we're not supposed to be able to access the internal memory, so it makes no sense to have it check there. Perhaps one of the other music player apps on the market addresses this issue? Winamp and poweramp get great reviews, I've been meaning to try them. If it helps, I've moved pretty much everything BUT my songs and pics into my internal storage, to keep my 16GB card free for music and desktops and random stuff.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Doesn't that slow your phone down?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

caspian

Reaction score
Have you tried to create a symlink from your music sir on your sdcard to somewhere that you have music in your internal memory? Not sure it would work, but it might?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power amp is the greatest. The eq is amazing! Plus cool ui

Sent from my rooted DROID2