Interesting Development...

Froyo

Reaction score
Yesterday I spoke with a VZW support rep over the phone, in which he told me that the Droid 4 ICS OTA had been halted by VZW because of "software issues with the OS." Right after I got off the phone with him, I posted what he had told me here on XDA.

So anyway, today my phone was being gay. (Extra slow, constantly dropping data, not locking onto GPS, etc.) So I booted into recovery and flashed a backup I made about four days ago. Well, apparently it was a bad backup, because it soft bricked my D4. However, since I never installed any of the ICS leaks, I just flashed it back to 2.13.219 with RSDLite.

The flash went surprisingly smoothly, and within 15 minutes my D4 was booted up, greeting my just as it did the day I took it out of the box. I skipped the set up and didn't put in my Google account info or anything, as I planned to re-root and install it all back with Titanium Backup. But...for the Hell of it, right before I was about to plug the phone into my PC to reroot, I went into settings and checked to see if any software updates were available.

BAM. 2.16.217 ready for download. Lol.

This all just happened now, and my phone just booted up to ICS right as I was beginning this last sentence.