VZW Stopped the OTA

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Froyo, Aug 16, 2012.

1. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

Assuming the tech is right and there are some bugs with the OTA they released and have to make a new version (let's say 218 for example), they will have to find a way to push that to those who received the OTA. Maybe they'll add a line to the system check allowing it to apply from ICS 217?
  2. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

In the XDA thread someone mentioned that the update was suppose to go out just the soak testers and they instead started the normal phased deployment. May or may not be true. I think the community can agree that .217 is pretty stable and is a marked improvement over the last GB update. I'm personally enjoying the fastest GPS lock ever on any device I've owned. On the D3, I'd have to turn off the GPS then back on for the darn thing to work. GB on the D4 I was lucky if it got a lock in five minutes on the top of a mountain with clear skies.

This thread got me a bit concerned since I forced the update last night and it would be just my luck that it'd have a problem. Thankfully we have such an awesome community that if there was a problem, there'd be a way to get out of it.ilovedf
  3. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

For whatever reason, the standard Moto soak test procedure sends the update to two groups: 1) the official soak testers, who provide feedback in the private Motorola forums set up for the test 2) a somewhat larger set of "others" who just get the update, without necessarily knowing anything about it.
    I guess this group calls Verizon if there are issues (soak testers are told not to, as VZ and Moto call centers haven't been trained on the update). Not quite sure why this is considered a good idea, but that is what happens!

So given the number of people here who didn't get the update, I don't think there is any evidence that a full phased rollout was accidentally begun, just that some here were in the planned "others" group.
  4. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

Is there any way to know when the official roll out will begin.

There is not alot of info out there on this update. Only that it started a few days Ago. I have only seen on here and on xda that the OTA Push was cancelled and also that the OTA hasnt really begun yet.... Because there is not much chatter about it I feel like I'm alone in not having recieved the update yet. I keep checking the settings -> About Phone-> System Updates and getting no update needed at this time.... :crying: I'd prefer to wait for the OTA but im getting antsy.... Sigh...
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

The soak test is not quite complete (very soon it will be) and then the general OTA will begin.
  6. essenceofaaron

essenceofaaron New Member

i just got off the phone with a moto rep.. they are still doing the update. but it is sent out in batches by device ID... I got the OTA on one phone(in Washington state) while i was awaiting a warranty replacement... the replacement phone cant get the OTA yet because the device ID isnt in this batch of phones.

he told me to expect it within the next 2 weeks.
  7. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

Thanks for this bit of info. I really appreciate it. 2 weeks is a long wait tho :(
  8. ProCompSolutions

ProCompSolutions New Member

Got this updated on my Wifes D4 and my mothers D4 both updated OTA with NO issues and running great. My wifes which was formally on the 215 leak is now getting better battery.
  9. elektrosoundwave

elektrosoundwave New Member

Haven't read this thread, but it's downloading right now. :)
  10. gaudenti

gaudenti New Member

Just did "About Phone, System Updates" (for about the 3rd time today). Downloading!

edit: Downloaded and verified in about 30 min.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  11. dpacski

dpacski New Member

update just popped up on my screen j/s
  12. cs3

cs3 New Member

oh wow, just clicked on my "system updates" tab again while reading this thread for the 4th time today, and there it is.
    Downloading now.
    So i guess the OTA was not, in fact, stopped
  13. mikekhelxD

mikekhelxD Member

Precisely about 52 mins ago, I checked it manually and there it was. Forgetting that I was still on 3G, I pushed download. Thirty minutes afterwards, it finished downloading. Installed in about 20 mins. First thing I do, went to this forum and here I am. Keep your phone charged, it drained my batt so much. I had it charging all along and my batt is still on 15%.
  14. LocoRon

LocoRon New Member

Yay, finally getting this!

As mikekhelxD stated, this update sucks battery like nothing else! My phone was fully charged (still on the charger) when I started the download; I disconnected it about that point though. Within a few minutes it was down to 80%, so I plugged it back in, still hanging around 80% though. Oh, and my 4G decides now is a good time to flake out on me. -_-
  15. rafterman414

rafterman414 New Member

Seems like more people are getting it now. I just got too antsy and went ahead and installed the .217 leak floating around, I bet if I had waited another day I could have gotten the OTA. Hopefully I did not ruin my ability to get future OTA updates.
  16. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

I got the update earlier today. Very happy with it. Unfortunately it broke root. And broke root keeper. :( but after a long day I am back rooted and running happy.

Like: Multitasking like a boss

Dislike: no more quick clickable contacts. It opens up some pop up that is huge.
    Web history no longer has a thumbnail view. Really liked that feature.

Overall tho happy with the update and to me the multitasking was the most important.
  17. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

Since 217 became the official OTA you'll be able to get future updates since any new updates will look for 217 on your system.
  18. duxdad

duxdad Member

My update came this afternoon after doing a check for updates. Downloaded and installed without incident.
Search tags for this page
motorola.vzw.vmm stopped working
my vzwavservice has stopped on my samsung galaxy s5

vzw service has stopped

vzw service has stopped galaxy s5
vzw service has stopped working samsung tablet
vzwav service has stopped
vzwavesservice has stopped
vzwavsservice has stopped
vzwaz service has stopped
vzwwavsservice has stopped
what does vzwavsservice has stopped mean on samsung