Interesting article in today's paper

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good read.. I bet moto has seen decline with verizon not only cause of iphone but also us D1 users that are holding for better Android phones too..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good read.. I bet moto has seen decline with verizon not only cause of iphone but also us D1 users that are holding for better Android phones too..

Even then, I assume most customers are on the NE2, so the bulk of D1 users aren't up for their 20-month early upgrade until late Feb/early Mar.

Now VZW said in their earning report that they expect half their subcribers to be on smartphones - or some 45-50M. Apparently 3 out of every 4 new subscribers are signing up for smartphones. Pretty amazing when you consider $30 a month for data isn't cheap by any means. But given the direction of BB, it should be a very good year for Android and the IPhone.

45-50M seems very aggressive, probably a more than doubling of their smartphone base. But then I'd never have guessed 3 of every 4 new subscribers are buying smartphones, but they do expect LTE to pull in a lot of people, too.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

Count me in on that one. I've got the Droid 1 and nothing has impressed me so far. I don't get my New Every 2 till August 2011. I don't feel like plopping $200 down for a Droid X or Droid II - just not that much of an upgrade.

iPhone? H*** no... Give me a thin Droid X like device that is 4G and has dualcore and I'll get it. And yes, 4G has been in my area since 2010 (Los Angeles).

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am sitting on an annual upgrade and have two phones coming up with upgrade one with NE2 discount, for the last time :mad:, but nothing to make the switch yet. Was thkning about the TB, but now with ATT&T pricing the Atrix at $150, and HTC at $99 through 3rd party, I wouldnt fee good spending $250 for the TB being as it is same as ATT&T's phone just with LTE.. Yeah LTE is nice and I got coverage where I am, but for no upgrades for two years.. its a tough call.. time will tell.. I know nothing official is out for Verizon yet for pricing, but ATT&T is about to gain some good Android support...