Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The hardware is better than the IPhone (it's playing catch-up, behind the curve and not really debateable).

I think the next gen phones, along with Gingerbread, are also going to mostly narrow the "user-friendly" gap. Apple will continue to do what they do best - sell overpriced products on the strength of great marketing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an iPhone and have no plans to get another!

mack19318

Reaction score
I used to have an iphone, now have the D1 and love being able to flash roms and change boot loaders and have pretty much total control over what apps I want on my phone.
Don't want the iphone coming to verizon for a few reasons.
1st imagine 4-8 million people sucking up verizons bandwidth, our data would slow to a crawl.
2nd don't want verizon/google/motorola giving up/lacking support for any newer droid phones.
3rd wouldn't want to see any of the devs from this site crossing over. Love being able to have so many choices for roms!
4th I think insurence prices would go up a bit, many more expensive phones under coverage would probably increase our price for monthly and replacement costs.

misskassie11

Reaction score
I own the Droid X and love it. My boyfriend owns the Iphone and he loves it i feel that they are similar. But in January Verizon is getting the iphone is what I have heard from many sources. Even the Verizon people here in town said they are getting it.

everstar80

Reaction score
No qwerty keyboard, not even remotely interested. And I used to be with at&t and they were horrible. The only reason I stayed with them as long as I did was because the small town where I attended college only carried their pyones and no other phone companies could get tower service back then.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I own the Droid X and love it. My boyfriend owns the Iphone and he loves it i feel that they are similar. But in January Verizon is getting the iphone is what I have heard from many sources. Even the Verizon people here in town said they are getting it.

No offense an not to pick on you but....we've been hearing that for a longggggggg time, an nothing has happened. Also Verizon people know less then us big red keeps its employies in the dark just like us. Big red is not getting an iphone I'm 85 percent positive about that.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't care if they get an iphone or not.. I will not use it. Plain and simple... I want a phone built around me. I want to be able to bend it to my will and make it my own. I paid $200 for my phone and I pay 160 monthly to make it (and my wifes) work. For that price, I say I own it. Locked bootloaders and bloatware be damned. That's like me buying a house but the previous owners get to decide how I decorate it. NOT going to happen.
Am i glad the iphone exists? YES. Without it, the droid may not exist. But I will rock this D1 until something that kills it (and is like it in openess) comes along. At the core, it's a phone. I can make calls and send texts with it.

Here's a good question... Did the iphone save AT&T? My thoughts is that without the iphone, AT&T would have gone down the crapper. I just don't get Steve Jobs posistion. The dude is all about making bank. Either AT&T is paying one helluva fee to be the sole provider or he's an idiot. The polls speak for themselves.... people want an iphone (for whatever reason) but they hate AT&T so much they use a droid.

I say good. Let the droid develop and if the iphone comes to Big Red in the future, droid will survive. I will always support it because it is what it is. Open source, changeable and inexpensive.

I obviously rambled a lot here so if my words are odd or I repeated myself, I apologize.

azfreak

Reaction score
I don't care if they get an iphone or not.. I will not use it. Plain and simple... I want a phone built around me. I want to be able to bend it to my will and make it my own. I paid $200 for my phone and I pay 160 monthly to make it (and my wifes) work. For that price, I say I own it. Locked bootloaders and bloatware be damned. That's like me buying a house but the previous owners get to decide how I decorate it. NOT going to happen.
Am i glad the iphone exists? YES. Without it, the droid may not exist. But I will rock this D1 until something that kills it (and is like it in openess) comes along. At the core, it's a phone. I can make calls and send texts with it.

Here's a good question... Did the iphone save AT&T? My thoughts is that without the iphone, AT&T would have gone down the crapper. I just don't get Steve Jobs posistion. The dude is all about making bank. Either AT&T is paying one helluva fee to be the sole provider or he's an idiot. The polls speak for themselves.... people want an iphone (for whatever reason) but they hate AT&T so much they use a droid.

I say good. Let the droid develop and if the iphone comes to Big Red in the future, droid will survive. I will always support it because it is what it is. Open source, changeable and inexpensive.

I obviously rambled a lot here so if my words are odd or I repeated myself, I apologize.

i think the one reason people want an iphone is because it seems so simple, i mean all the uploading different Roms and rooting phones can be very overwhelming for the average Joe. A ton of people dont really know about droidforums and dont know about how open the phone is, so to them the iphone seems simple and easy to use (not that the droid isnt) and they dont have to root it (even if they dont know how)

in the end its all preference, i just think the iphone sells simplicity for average smart phone users and its "trendy"

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree with you but really, in reality.. how "smart" is a phone that;s so dumbed down anyone can use it? If I owened a pet monkey I bet he could be rocking an iphone.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score

i think the one reason people want an iphone is because it seems so simple, i mean all the uploading different Roms and rooting phones can be very overwhelming for the average Joe. A ton of people dont really know about droidforums and dont know about how open the phone is, so to them the iphone seems simple and easy to use (not that the droid isnt) and they dont have to root it (even if they dont know how)

in the end its all preference, i just think the iphone sells simplicity for average smart phone users and its "trendy"

The Droid or even Android in general isn't any harder to use than iOS. The reason why the iPhone is so popular is because it is well marketed and because it's 'cool' to own anything made by Apple. I have a Samsung Fascinate and an iTouch and I don't think my Android phone is any harder to navigate or use than my iPod.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I disagree, I think android is a bit harder than ios, but thats because you can do more with it. It takes a lot more exploration with android to really get a hang of all of the little things it can really do. And once you understand that fully, you truly see how superior it is. With iOS, what you see is what you get. It just kind of exists on your phone. For some people, they prefer that, others prefer to have options.

And yea, the iphone isn't coming to verizon in january. People keep saying it, but they say that every year. Not to mention the ceo of verizon has said that it doesnt make sense for them to put so much effort and resources behind android, to then undermine it with the iphone. At least not yet

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree man.. all the ads and time and the development.. the money all that takes. Then to just say.. hey lets get iphone.. That's stupid. I feel like Verizon has decided to ride the wave and say screw iphone.. let's kick it's a$$.

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Well actually, Verizon will be getting the iPhone next year some time. Along with that, the iPad will be available with Verizon's 4G which is coming out by the end of this year (4G I mean) and the iPad's next gen model will come equipped with the new 4G for Verizon's "hostile" takeover of the iPhone. Whether AT&T will continue to have the iPhone I don't know. I would guess that they will since they have such a large market. That's all I see out there, people with iPhone's. I know Verizon has been tight-lipped about it due to legal issues, but there have been some loose-lipped Verizon CSR's who hint around about it coming next year. Also, T-Mobile is next in line for being bought out by Verizon, which I heard is going to happen soon. I guess it's true about Verizon, that they Rule The Air. All I have to say, if you get the right rep's, it doesn't take much to get them to talk. :) I also heard that the iPhone for Verizon will have a battery door because Verizon does not want to have its customers be without a phone by having to send it in to Apple, they want to be able to swap out a defective or bad battery right at the Verizon store. How much of this is true remains to be seen, but I do believe that by this time next year, the iPhone will indeed have Verizon's more dependable cell service. And, sorry to say, but also it will have Verizon's unnecessary bloatware.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Well actually, Verizon will be getting the iPhone next year some time. Along with that, the iPad will be available with Verizon's 4G which is coming out by the end of this year (4G I mean) and the iPad's next gen model will come equipped with the new 4G for Verizon's "hostile" takeover of the iPhone. Whether AT&T will continue to have the iPhone I don't know. I would guess that they will since they have such a large market. That's all I see out there, people with iPhone's. I know Verizon has been tight-lipped about it due to legal issues, but there have been some loose-lipped Verizon CSR's who hint around about it coming next year. Also, T-Mobile is next in line for being bought out by Verizon, which I heard is going to happen soon. I guess it's true about Verizon, that they Rule The Air. All I have to say, if you get the right rep's, it doesn't take much to get them to talk. :) I also heard that the iPhone for Verizon will have a battery door because Verizon does not want to have its customers be without a phone by having to send it in to Apple, they want to be able to swap out a defective or bad battery right at the Verizon store. How much of this is true remains to be seen, but I do believe that by this time next year, the iPhone will indeed have Verizon's more dependable cell service. And, sorry to say, but also it will have Verizon's unnecessary bloatware.
As I've said REPS know really less then anything. Remember some people try to seem more Knowledgeable an act more important, then they really are. Also I think i remember reading that the CEO of Verizon has spoken about not caring for the iphone.