Insufficient Storage SPACE

illmatic636

Reaction score
What does this mean?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Basically you have too much installed in your system memory.
Maybe you can use apps2sd or something to move some to your SD card.

Palmyra

Reaction score
Basically you have too much installed in your system memory.
Maybe you can use apps2sd or something to move some to your SD card.

NO! NO! NO! You can't move apps to the SD card on the Bionic because they will be deleted. This is a known bug (feature.)

To the OP, how many apps do you have installed on your bionic? Also do Menu > Manage Apps > All then look at the bottom of the screen for Application Storage and it will tell you how much RAM is used and how much is free. If you have free, and you should unless you many hundreds of apps, the problem is another FEATURE that pops-up ever now and then given an erroneous error message. Just back out and reloaded the app again.

Batman8

Reaction score
What does this mean?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I get that error all the time. If you try again right away it will install on the second try. There are some issues with how the memory is being used and the partitions on the Bionic. I have spoken to Motorola about it several times already, including their "level 3 support" people. I was told that the problems are being escalated up to the engineers (but what EXACTLY does that mean to the users in terms of when it'll be fixed???). I suggest you call them as well and report all of your problems so hopefully they will be fixed in their software update (whenever that comes out). Motorola won't confirm any dates, but the rumor is sometime next month.

Call Motorola's Tech Support @ 1-800-734-5870. If everyone calls to report their problems and lots of us are having the same issues, there stands a better chance for a quicker solution from them (Motorola).

I LOVE this phone with the 4G-LTE speed and dual-core goodness, but it surely has a few bugs to work out.

Thanks.

Last edited: