help! storage space

codyweis

Reaction score
When I download an app it says insufficient storage space. But I have 9 gb on sd card and 6.2 gb left on storage space..

BodyBagz

Reaction score
When I download an app it says insufficient storage space. But I have 9 gb on sd card and 6.2 gb left on storage space..
Are you by any chance downloading apps while the phone is connected to the PC/Laptop and in USB Mass Storage Mode? I have noticed on my DX that this occurs occasionally when I forget about being in Mass Storage Mode...

Also, I have gotten this message when trying to update an app that I am currently using...such as Pandora streaming tunes and trying to update it in the Market at the same time not thinking....lol

OP
C

codyweis

Reaction score
Nope not connected or anything. I have tried moving apparently to my sd card and sometimes that works. But now all my apps are moved to sd and I have no other solution other than unistalling apparently...

PARick

Reaction score

Are you dowloading from the Market? If not, make sure you have checked "apps from unknown sources".

OP
C

codyweis

Reaction score
Yes I am downloading from the market and I do have that checked.

mnhockeydude

Reaction score
I am having the same problem I cannot download anything and I am trying to root my phone and it just keeps saying out of space... and i have plenty of space...

grimley

Reaction score
I have had this issue many times. The fix for me was to go and delete all the text messages or at least most of them. In fact I just had the issue not 5 minutes ago.
Hope this helps you guys out