Installing apk from SD card

mac424

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying re-install a few apps for my bros D2G and there are 2 apps I can't get to install. The 2 apps are the newswidget and help center. The only difference I see from these compared to the others that did install fine is that they have the .odex files associated with them. Is there anyway I can get these to install from the SD card?

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Are these backups or downloaded APKs from another source? Have you installed these specific ones on this or another phone? What is the phone running and if the APKs are backups, what was the phone running when you backed up the APKs? What do you mean they wont' install, what does the phone do?

There are quite a few pieces to the puzzle to figure out these issues. If they are stock apps, generally there are some 3rd party ones in the market that you will have better luck with (and better features).

OP
M

mac424

Reaction score
Are these backups or downloaded APKs from another source? Have you installed these specific ones on this or another phone? What is the phone running and if the APKs are backups, what was the phone running when you backed up the APKs? What do you mean they wont' install, what does the phone do?

There are quite a few pieces to the puzzle to figure out these issues. If they are stock apps, generally there are some 3rd party ones in the market that you will have better luck with (and better features).

These are the APKs from the system dump that was posted up on the forum. They're the stock bloatware that came with the phone that I deleted off without doing a back up of first (dumb on my part). When I put the APK on the SD car and run the app browser. I click install and it starts to install then stops saying "app not installed".

I know there are plenty of market apps that beat the snot out of the stock ones, but I'm trying to get the OTA update to install on my bro's phone and it won't unless the stock apps are back in. I tried pushing the apps to the system/app folder since the ones that won't install have a .odex file associated with them, but even with the phone rooted, I can't seem to get permissions to write to the directory. If I could get the apk and odex file back in the right directory, rebooting the phone will enable the apps again.

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Bloat apps sometimes are a pain... I would suggest SBF... I know it sucks, but get titanium backup pro and freeze the apps. It will save you TONS of time, totally worth buying.

OP
M

mac424

Reaction score
Bloat apps sometimes are a pain... I would suggest SBF... I know it sucks, but get titanium backup pro and freeze the apps. It will save you TONS of time, totally worth buying.

Yeah, my bro is cheap. He won't go for the Titanium backup pro. I have it on my D2 and love it. I can sbf my phone and be back in business in less than an hour.

I'll sbf it for him and tell him to shake it off haha. Thanks for the help.