How to move info from one unrooted D2G to another D2G?

spleuge

Reaction score
I'm in the process of switching from one D2G to another D2G, niether have been rooted. Correct me if there is a better way of doing this: I'm going to manually copy files from the SD Card to my desktop (to avoid loss of info.), then swap out the SD Card and SIM Card from the old D2G to the new D2G. Next, dial *228 to activate the new phone, run an update on the Android OS (v.2.2 to v.2.3.4), then download all the apps I had installed on the old phone. Should I activate and run the OS update before swaping the SD and SIM Cards?:unsure:

Although I had installed all my downloaded apps onto the SD Card on the old phone, they do not show up on the new phone. Once I re-install the apps and copy all the files from my desktop to the SD Card will all the apps have their saved info, such as game saves, and auto maintenance records? Also, will all the previous Profiles be restored, or do they need to be recreated?:unsure:

By the way, I'm switching phones because after running over the old phone I replaced the LCD screen (which took about 3 hours), and now has a dead touch zone on the screen, and the mic only works in the speakerphone mode. Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
well when my original d2g became bricked (it was not my fault) I got a new d2g from vzw and I still had one of my recoveries from a previous week so I just used koushes bootstrap to recover it to the new phone and all my, accounts, data, etc was restored. although this requires you to be rooted, and I would not recommend doing this.