[HELP!]Almost back to stock, but these apps won't install. . .

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
These are the only apps I need in order to return to stock.

.apk:
Calculator
FMRadio
FMRadioService
HelpCenter
Newswidget
WeatherWidget

As well as their .odex (those I don't think are the problem)

When I try to install them it says "Application installed failed" or something like that.... anyways is there a way to maybe force it to install?

Please reply asap... I know most threads I make take forever for people to reply to and it's annoying cuz I know there are people out there cuz other threads are getting answered. Thanks.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
You guys rock, fast answering ty.

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2 system version 2.3.15 rooted using Tapatalk.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I hadn't been in this section in the last couple hours. And no need to bite heads off.

You can get the default apk's here for DX>>> http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/

The .516 and .604 are for earlier versions. The 2.2.1 download gets an error.

And you can follow these instructions to install and set permissions>>>

-Place the apk(s) of the apps on your sdcard.

-Use your chosen means to copy the apk(s) to /system/app (this will require making /system/app writable. In Root Manager just press the R/W key when you're exploring /system/app).

-Click on the apk once it's in /system/app and install it.

-Now, you've installed the program, but the system won't see it as a system app unless you change it's permissions. In Root Manager, long press on the app (in /system/app) and click on "permissions". Then make sure that only the following boxes are clicked: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.

-Make sure you make /system/app read only again by clicking that box in the top right while you're exploring the folder.

-Reboot phone.

Now the apps should be loaded and the system should recognize them as system apps (you can verify by opening Titanium and noticing they're in red). This should make you good to go for whatever OTA comes. If you're unsure which apks in the system dump correspond to the apps you've deleted, just explore your /system/app and compare it to the system dump app list. Any apks in the dump but not in yours are what you're looking for.

Or you can make it real easy and flash sbf. Which I know nothing about cause I haven't had to do it yet.

And I'm not responsible for your phone and all that jazz:)

Last edited:
OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I just sbf it.... cuz sponge apps were gay and didn't install...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk