Installed .232 leak...battery life SUCKS

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
The topic says it all...compared to my ota .905 , battery usage on extended battery is rediculous

ruinah

Reaction score
I did a hard reset on mine before I installed .232. Battery life has been a lot better than .905 for sure for me.

Stories

Reaction score
I've also had horrid battery life since flashing .232. I went FXZ'd to .905 (modified XML to keep internal SD card data) then installed .232. It's sucked. Like less than half life. Flashing other ROMs on SS haven't helped either (whether it's CM9 or AOKP based). I'm going to have to continue to fiddle around with it...

Maddog241

Reaction score
Did you clear the cache partition after install or do FDR?

OP
L

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
I just turned phone off and installed 232 from sd card. It kept all my apps and settings. Should i do factory reset and let google redownload my apps?

Maddog241

Reaction score
I just turned phone off and installed 232 from sd card. It kept all my apps and settings. Should i do factory reset and let google redownload my apps?

First I would try clearing the cache partition in recovery if you haven't already. I did the same install method you did and all I had to do was the cache clear. Some of the apps may not play nice with ICS and need fresh installs. Did you check to see what was draining the battery?

Stories

Reaction score
Did you restore any system data?

No. I've always kept /system clean.

For whatever reason, I went in with TiBu and deleted a bunch of bloat, and then cleared cache and dalvik again and it seems battery is okay. Lag and slowness still sucks, though. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for a better custom ROM that has reasonable battery.

Maddog241

Reaction score
No. I've always kept /system clean.

For whatever reason, I went in with TiBu and deleted a bunch of bloat, and then cleared cache and dalvik again and it seems battery is okay. Lag and slowness still sucks, though. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for a better custom ROM that has reasonable battery.

If you came from GB, it could be an app. I found it was better to fresh install everything as a couple of my apps didn't work correctly until I deleted them and reinstalled fresh.

inv1sus

Reaction score
I've noticed significantly reduced battery life in ICS while on 4G (with wifi off) as compared to .905 . When i'm on WiFi, battery life is much better in ICS than it used to be on gingerbread (on wifi). I don't mind as i'm on WiFi 90% of the time, but when i'm out I do notice that my phone dies a lot faster than it used to on 4g.

For those of you that claim better battery life on ICS -- are you on wifi or 4g most of the time?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My battery life is great on 232, with 3g, 4g, whatever.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums