ics root help

beaky73

Reaction score
hello to all, i have the leaked ics 232, can i root my phone or do i have to install 905 version... how do i do either.. thnaks

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
ok.. i am rooted.. how d i get rid of bloat and what does it mean to be rooted... what can i do

bbucks36

Reaction score
theres tools out there that will do it for you or do it manually... rom tool box, team black hat does it for you. manally all you need to use is root explorer or root browser. then find your way system>app> then for the apk that you dont want rename by adding the prefix .bak to end of apk.(verizon.apk.bak) make sure you do a backup using safestrap or bootstrap before doing this.

mrredpants

Reaction score
ok.. i am rooted.. how d i get rid of bloat and what does it mean to be rooted... what can i do

My advice.... And I'm not saying this to be mean... If you don't know what it means to be rooted... You shouldn't be rooted! I just mean educate yourself... And not by posting an open ended question like that in a forum.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=632
THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS (stop asking)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
I had some ideas about being rooted but was not 100%.. i am now rooted so i am learning.. thanks for the help..

mrredpants

Reaction score
Welcome to the club... You'll never go back!

Why am I rooted? So I can have the latest... Greatest roms

Ironically you don't have to be rooted to upgrade a bionic to ics using leaked stock Rom (eg 232)

PM me if you need guidance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dautley

Reaction score
I had some ideas about being rooted but was not 100%.. i am now rooted so i am learning.. thanks for the help..
Just be aware that if you go deleting “Bloat" without knowing exactly what your deleting and why your deleting it your next thread is going to be “Help I bricked my phone”. Please read through the threads and ask specif questions so you know what your are doing before making any changes.:)

josh1980

Reaction score
Just be aware that if you go deleting “Bloat" without knowing exactly what your deleting and why your deleting it your next thread is going to be “Help I bricked my phone”. Please read through the threads and ask specif questions so you know what your are doing before making any changes.:)

I don't put much faith in someone thoroughly reading the threads when their phone model is "Enter Current Phone Model Here".