install froyo and now no battery issue

ahendric

Reaction score
Good morning,

I decide to bite the bullet and install froyo last night. I was using the following steps:

Stock 2.1 to 2.2 Froyo Step By Step installation (Dr. Martin)

Around step 17 or 30 the phone led came on red. Prior to starting this the charge was 90%. Finished out the install and still the red led was on. Unplugged it from the USB and plugged it into the wall charger (came with it). Went to bed to let it update everything.

This morning the led is still on and it says the battery is out. I have done a battery pull and that didn't help. The only thing I haven't done is to try another charger, but since it went from 90 to 0 in less than 10 minutes I feel that there is something else going on.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would do a fresh install of Froyo and do multiple wipes first. Also, if you think your battery is actually pretty weak, you may need to get a stand-alone charger first. That way you can pull the battery and charge it before starting the reinstall.

OP
ahendric

ahendric

Reaction score
The battery is fine, I put my sons fully charged battery in and am told that I need to charge the battery. I also plugged my battery into his phone and it says 80% charge.

I guess I will do the reinstall, and yes, I did the cache/data clear three times.

Thanks,
Andy

OP
ahendric

ahendric

Reaction score
BTW,

Did a restore of my 2.1 stock and the battery is fine.

Will try the froyo install later tonight.

Thanks,
Andy