LED notification light

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tishabarr, Apr 3, 2010.

1. tishabarr

tishabarr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My LED notification light has stopped working. It was working when I went to bed last night, but when I woke up this morning, I noticed its not working. I turned the phone off, and did a battery pull, and still nothing. I don't use the flashlight apps that use the led light often. I've only used that like twice in 6 months. Any ideas?

2. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have 2.1? This is an annoying feature to "save battery life". It only works when the screen is off. I hate this and wish someone would find a way around it.

3. tishabarr

tishabarr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do have 2.1, but I don't think thats my problem. I doesn't come on at all. I even went into my missed call app to test it since it shows the notification colors if you select it. Still didn't work.

4. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't rooted before, but this "feature" is enough to make me think about rooting. Do rooted builds based on the ESE81 2.1 have this "feature" too?

5. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it come on when the screen is off? Try to do a test notification but don't clear it out the lock the screen. If it doesn't blink then it maybe a hardware failure. And as far as I know, yes it is a feature of 2.1 in general whether rooted or not. Before I went official 2.1 I was rooted with ultimatedroid and this was getting on my nerves.

6. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, it's even worse than I thought.

I tested by e-mailing myself. I have Gmail Notifier handling the LED light.

On the plus side, when my phone's screen is off, the LED turns on. If I turn the phone screen off, the LED turns off. But at least when I turn the screen on again, the LED turns back on.

However, if the e-mail comes in when my phone's screen is on, the LED light never comes on, even if I turn off the screen without clearing the notification. I don't have my e-mail set to vibrate (nor do I want to), so if I'm doing something full screen and turn my phone off, I'll never know I have e-mail unless I check for notifications.

7. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Right like I said, its a very annoying feature. I mean really, leds do not use that much energy so its kinda pointless.

8. balzwin

balzwin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If this feature really is new for the 2.1 update, they really need to fix this. I did this over and over and some of the times the led blinked when I got a text, and then other times it didnt blink at all. Very annoying.

9. HDewey

HDewey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is so annoying to me. As someone who is hearing impaired, I rely a lot on those light notifications whether my phone is on or off! I thought my phone was broken and even called Motorola by suggestion of Verizon to see if it was due to the upgrade and the level 2 customer service Guy said no way and had me factory reboot my phone to try and fix it! I lost so much because of that...whether you want to lose battery power from using your LED should be your choice because for someone like me, I would rather charge more often then have a useless phone because I don't know I have something waiting. Grrr!

#9 HDewey, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  10. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we should all gripe to Motorola/Google because this is so stupid and annoying. As everyone else has stated it sucks not being able to see that you have a certain message, seems kinda pointless that I went through and set up various colors for different notifications if I can't view them. This is especially annoying when in a full screen app, which is most of them, so I have to exit out just to see if it was worth checking on. AUUUUUGH!

11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just putting this out there so you guys know. The cyanogen mod does have working LED's all the time. Whether or not the screen is on.

12. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Ill have to use that when 2.1 gets rooted...never should have gone official

Search tags for this page
android notification led timeout
cyanogenmod 11 pulse notification light for motorola razr
instruction on turning on my notification light on sch-1500
led on rooted mod
my droid notification light stopped working
notification lights not working in cyanogenmod 10.1.2

r2d2 android notification light