Individual notifications for email contacts (DX)

Grady

Reaction score
Good day all! New Droid user here! Glad to be a part of the team!

So...I've spent all afternoon searching the internet and all kinds of Droid forums looking for a way or an app that will allow me to have a specific sound for when specific contact emails me.

I already have Handcent, which does the same for SMS but doesn't work for email contacts. MissedCall doesn't either.

I'm using Gmail by the way. Gmail Notifier can't do this either.

What about this scenario, however? I have a specific sound for Contact A's SMS and Ringtone. In my address book, I have Contact A's email in their contact card...if Contact A were to email me through the Gmail account I have setup....will it notify me using the same sound I have setup with SMS? Since Contact A's email is in the address book?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!​

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure it works that way, as gmail and sms notifications work independently of each other.

There's a paid app on the market called labelert that allows you to setup filters in gmail and setup your phone to alert with different colored led and different sound/vibration settings. There are only around 5-6 different labels in the app though, so this will only work if you want special notification for a few contacts.

Emitted from X.