Incredible's battery life is not incredible

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
UPDATE - I am past the 24 hour mark on ONE Trick Charge, and I still have 39% battery.

I charged the phone night before last, and yesterday morning I performed the new trick charge as you'll note a few posts above. The 100% was lasting. I went to bed last night with 46%. Keep in mind I usually have to plug in my phone ever night. I decided not to.

As of this morning, now past 24 hours of being on and being used and I'm still hours away from needing to be charged.

WiFi has been on for over 24 hours. I downloaded and installed apps, I made plenty of calls, close to 100 texts, and even played a few games for about an hour yesterday while waiting for an appointment. Oh yeah and I listened to some music at the gym yesterday evening.

If I can get this phone to last two days per charge...it'll be incredible.

mikera67

Reaction score
Check this first, settings, about phone,battery. If the uptime and awake time are very close, its not the battery!!!!! Some process is not allowing the phone to sleep. Also check the battery use above those two numbers, if android system is the first in the list as well you have sleep issues, not battery problems. I fixed mine, like a lot of others by killing the Calender under running resources in settings, ocx is what you kill. Also turn off sync to your Flickr account. After you do that you can still run Calender, but if you reboot need to kill it again. Now there is still a charging issue, but the sleep issue is killing your phones, having the system run nonstop even when your not using it.

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
UPDATE - I am past the 24 hour mark on ONE Trick Charge, and I still have 39% battery.

I charged the phone night before last, and yesterday morning I performed the new trick charge as you'll note a few posts above. The 100% was lasting. I went to bed last night with 46%. Keep in mind I usually have to plug in my phone ever night. I decided not to.

As of this morning, now past 24 hours of being on and being used and I'm still hours away from needing to be charged.

WiFi has been on for over 24 hours. I downloaded and installed apps, I made plenty of calls, close to 100 texts, and even played a few games for about an hour yesterday while waiting for an appointment. Oh yeah and I listened to some music at the gym yesterday evening.

If I can get this phone to last two days per charge...it'll be incredible.

Okay, coming up on the end of my second day on one charge. I still have 18%. Keep mind I have USED the phone for two days. Calls, texts, games, surfing...normal use. I haven't been stingy with using it at all.

So far this makes 38 hours on one charge. I have no doubt it'll last until I plug it in tonight to charge for the night.

I'll trick it again in the morning and see if I get a repeat performance.

I think the reason it dies on me after a day's use on a normal week is I am at work and I have a worse signal at work so my phone is constantly looking for a stronger signal. All this week I have been off putting my new engine in my Vette. The real test will come Monday when I am at work again.

I'll update again with further progress but so far this is looking like a 40+ hour charge. I'm VERY happy.

mayimbe181

Reaction score
this is all bull crap i cannot see how anyone is getting more then 1 day of usage on the droid incredible? wtf? i use it for like an hour and its dead..not even calls just trying to tweak configurations and its dead? i did every trick in every droid forum and no luck..its dead 2x a day and i have to charge it all the time..might buy the 2100 battery from VZW

MG68

Reaction score
I have been really trying to make this whole battery thing work...but Damn! this Robo Defense game is TOO ADDICTIVE!!!!! I play for 1 hour blocks now!!!! so much so, the phone actually HEATS UP while playing!!! It REALLY sux the juice!!! But damn! it IS fun!!!. Oh well, spare battery it is. Geez, I really have a hard time putting this phone down!

Mark

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I have been really trying to make this whole battery thing work...but Damn! this Robo Defense game is TOO ADDICTIVE!!!!! I play for 1 hour blocks now!!!! so much so, the phone actually HEATS UP while playing!!! It REALLY sux the juice!!! But damn! it IS fun!!!. Oh well, spare battery it is. Geez, I really have a hard time putting this phone down!

Mark

lol as I read this my fiance just stole my droid to play robo defense, goodbye battery

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I took my phone of the charger at 100% to see if I got any texts, I didn't open up ANYTHING, just flipped through a few screens, turn the display off, came back 10 minutes later the battery was at 91%

pathetic

mrmomoman

Reaction score
I took my phone of the charger at 100% to see if I got any texts, I didn't open up ANYTHING, just flipped through a few screens, turn the display off, came back 10 minutes later the battery was at 91%

pathetic

Did you do the 100% charge - turn off the phone - plug it in again and let it charge to 100% again?

I was at the same place as you initially. I read about it - was skeptical at first - but I tried the instructions and after I pulled it off the 100% charge and rebooted and plugged it in again it did take about another 35-45 mins to gain a full charge again. After that I plugged it in again and this time it would not charge again. It stayed at 100%.

Do try that.

To that person who said it only lasted an hour. Go to Verizon or call and ask for another battery or phone. There is something wrong.

Phone Man

Reaction score
I am a sales guy and I was a little concerned about the battery life of my Incredible.
I bought the new 1750 Seido battery and I could go all day. Then I read the good posts about unplugging the phone after it goes green, and my light stayed red for 45 miniutes. Unplugged it and then recharged light stayed red for about 30 minutes, fourth tme about 10 minutes. Now I have 96% at 11:00 AM and yesterday I was a 76% same time. I hope that HTC will get a fix for the problem.

mrmomoman

Reaction score
I agree I hope they do get a fix for it. I spoke to Technical support and they said they heard "rumors" about that problem. They know it actually exists I am sure of it. The Task Killer thing at the stores is a joke. I walked in there yesterday asking about the car mount and told them about the battery and a manager told me to load up a task killer. I said umm NO not happening. That's not the real problem. I told them to test what has been said on here about the plug and replug method. Of course no new phones out until the 29th. I need 6 more for my clients. I wasn't able to pick up enough the first round.

RogerThat99

Reaction score

pathetic

You need to do a couple of things... Install the power control widget so you can easily turn on & off wifi, bluetooth, and gps. Install a task killer, I use Advanced Task Killer by ReChild - Free in the Marketplace. VERY IMPORTANT - Use the FB app , not the FB for HTC Sense. FB for HTC Sense was not allowing my phone to sleep, so it was constantly using battery. Now my up time and awake time are at reasonable ratios, before they were almost identical meaning the phone wasn't sleeping. Before my battery was dead in 6-7 hours with low use. Now I am moderate to heavy use and still have half my battery life after 14-16 hours. I still have to charge every night, but I had to charge my BB Storm every night also. I hope that helps.

Guchi

Reaction score
I am getting 18+ hours with heavy use including web, posting in the forums, always on sync, HTC facebook, texts, nav, And anything else I need it for with the 1750mAh extended battery.

RogerThat99

Reaction score
I am getting 18+ hours with heavy use including web, posting in the forums, always on sync, HTC facebook, texts, nav, And anything else I need it for with the 1750mAh extended battery.

I will probably try that battery. I was waiting to see if they will come out with an even stronger battery in the same size as the stock battery (maybe that isn't possible..I don't know).

Durango_Boy

Reaction score

I will probably try that battery. I was waiting to see if they will come out with an even stronger battery in the same size as the stock battery (maybe that isn't possible..I don't know).

From what I have been reading the Seidio 1750 is about the best battery that will fit under the stock battery cover. As a side note I read some testing and it's actually closer to 1550 instead of 1750, but it's still better than the factory battery.

I'm getting almost two full days per charge so I'm not as interested in the Seidio battery, but we'll see.

Guchi

Reaction score
From what I have been reading the Seidio 1750 is about the best battery that will fit under the stock battery cover. As a side note I read some testing and it's actually closer to 1550 instead of 1750, but it's still better than the factory battery.

i dont know where this was "tested" but if you have a link that would be great! I have personally experienced better than 30% improvement in battery life so as far as my "testing" goes the claimed capacity is fairly accurate.