Incredible's battery life is not incredible

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Today I did the charge then took it off and charged it again till it was green. I don't know if it did anything, either way it was not were the hassle if it did. And I know someone was asking about the battery going down to 90% immediately after taking it off the charger mine does this as well. But like Kmo said I do enjoy this device, and really am not complaining about this phone, more so posting information for others as reference. Today with a moderate to high use I still got about 12 hours, which is fine with me.

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
I'm going to pass on the Seidio battery. Not worth the cash, and here's why.

I tricked my battery into a 100% charge this morning. It was connected all night and ON so my alarm clock would go off.

This morning I unplugged it, now normally within minutes it would drop to 93% charge. Instead I immediately turned it off and plugged it back in. Sure enough the orange light stayed on for another 30 minutes before turning green. I unplugged it, and put it back in, and sure enough the orange light stayed on for 15 minutes before turning green.

I then unplugged it, turned the phone on, and it's been almost a full hour since and it's still at 100%. WiFi is on and I did some searching in the market for any new apps. Still at 100%.

The trickery worked like a charm for me. I'm going to see how long this horse will ride.

MG68

Reaction score
I am trying this "technique" as well. The phone showed visable signs of continuing to charge after it said it was full. So far today, I've done some app updates and e/vmail use. I'll report back at the end of the day.
btw - does anyone know how to get that HTC battery widget to work? I downloaded and installed, but I can't find it?

Mark

Guchi

Reaction score
I just think the1% battery increments are giving me ocd. The battery life is obviously not as good as the Motorola but I had to get rid of "battery left" because its more than pointless to real care about it. omg I just went down like 4% just now - j/k

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I just think the1% battery increments are giving me ocd. The battery life is obviously not as good as the Motorola but I had to get rid of "battery left" because its more than pointless to real care about it. omg I just went down like 4% just now - j/k

haha, seriously, the battery threads are getting a little bit out of control.. everyone is obsessed and upset for having to charge mid-day.. ;)

i kept my moto d on the dock from the moment i got home from work til i woke up for work.. this is no different.. just charge the damn phone ;)

MG68

Reaction score
I am trying this "technique" as well. The phone showed visable signs of continuing to charge after it said it was full. So far today, I've done some app updates and e/vmail use. I'll report back at the end of the day.
btw - does anyone know how to get that HTC battery widget to work? I downloaded and installed, but I can't find it?

Mark

Well, this is a bust. It's 3:30PM and I'm juicin' er up! I did surf a lot and had a 40 min phone call this AM but wow, this battery sux.

Back to the drawing board...

Mark

Durango_Boy

Reaction score

Mark

Well, this is a bust. It's 3:30PM and I'm juicin' er up! I did surf a lot and had a 40 min phone call this AM but wow, this battery sux.

Back to the drawing board...

Mark

Man I'm stoked. I unplugged my phone after tricking it this morning, used it with moderate to heavy use through the day, and RIGHT NOW I am at 75%.

That trick is awesome. Can't wait until there's an actual software update to do what we're tricking the phone into doing.

grit

Reaction score
Anyone know if HTC has acknowledged or commented on this yet? Until they do, it could just as easily be an unfixable hardware issue

Guchi

Reaction score
Anyone know if HTC has acknowledged or commented on this yet? Until they do, it could just as easily be an unfixable hardware issue

only some are even experiencing an "issue"

Mikegreco16

Reaction score

only some are even experiencing an "issue"

I do have the problem where it goes to 90% pretty quickly after taking it off the charger, but I also do get a solid 12 hours out of my phone everyday, even when using it mild to heavy. So I'm not really concerned about the battery. For me at least there is more an obsession with seeing what other people are saying and experiencing. Hence why I keep reading these same posts and keep responding.

Actually let me even go as far to say that the Inc battery life is adequate, and should not be a reason to deter someone from the phone. But I think with all the threads many people may get the wrong impression about the battery life.

Last edited:

grit

Reaction score
I can barely make a full day without it dying on me. I don't mind charging every night but it should make a full day without shutting down