Incredible 2 Battery Life?

micjmac

Reaction score
I
well.. how long have you been off the charger? and how's the reception where you are? do you have background apps autosyncing? there's a lot of things that can come into play with battery life.
I have 4 bars...the phone was powered up after a full charge at around 8 am. I have gmail and weather on auto sync and I have gps enabled, but the battery manager shows that these other things aren't having a large impact. The display on the other hand is killing me at 70% of battery usage. I have brightness set to 25% max.

bik2101

Reaction score
seems like its a bit much for that usagfe.. try turning off gps when not in use (however i have read people saying it doesn't matter if not actually being used).. hmm how often is your weather syncing? also how long have you had the phone? battery life has been seen to get better after about a week of battery chrage/discharge cycles.

micjmac

Reaction score
I agree with the others on gps. Weather is syncing every 3 hours. This is my third day with the phone. I am hoping that depleting the battery right out of the store didn't hurt me. The manual says to charge the phone before the first use but the rep didn't tell me this and I forgot all about that rule. From what I've read, this shouldn't make a difference though.

bik2101

Reaction score
yeah i don't think so either. but yeah. give it about a week.. if after a week still getting that much battery draining then maybe you should take it in to store.

micjmac

Reaction score
Can someone (who owns a DINC2 with great battery life) do me a favor? (Assuming you started the day with a full charge) next time you are about to put your phone back on the charger at the end of the day, I need you to check how long your display had been active (on) for the whole day. I also need you to report how much battery life you had left before plugging the phone into the wall. This will give me a general idea of how well my battery is dealing with my DINC2's display in comparison to some of you. Thanks in advance!

pmdracer

Reaction score
OK, if we are going to start a comparison:

11H, 19M since last plug in (was at full charge)
Charge currently remaining = 34%
Display = 61% (I've been playing games a lot today, screen at 25% brightness).

micjmac

Reaction score

If you go into the display settings, how long has your display been on during the day. For example, your phone has been unplugged for 11 hours, but there is no way your display has been lit for that long. This is what I was trying to get at in my previous post. I'll post my results tomorrow night.

pmdracer

Reaction score

If you go into the display settings, how long has your display been on during the day. For example, your phone has been unplugged for 11 hours, but there is no way your display has been lit for that long. This is what I was trying to get at in my previous post. I'll post my results tomorrow night.

Settings - Display
I don't have a timer for that, sorry.

FreakyDroid

Reaction score
I am currently tied between the TB and the Inc2.. don't know which to get.. can anyone help me out here?

micjmac

Reaction score

Settings - Display
I don't have a timer for that, sorry.

My bad. You need to go to Settings - About Phone - Battery Use - and then select Display on that screen. This is the screen that has all of the different applications and reasons for your battery's usage.

micjmac

Reaction score
Ok. I'm back to report my battery results for the day.

-11 hours since unplugged
-Battery life remaining: 50%

Here is the breakdown of my battery consumption:

-Voice calls: 53% (Time on: 53 minutes)
-Display: 29% (Time On: 58 minutes)
-Cell Standby: 7%
-Phone Idle: 6%
-Android System: 3%
-Internet: 2%
----------------------
Total: 100%

Additional information:
-Total Texts received/sent: 65
-Screen brightness: 25%
-Pandora stream time: 1 hour max
-GPS Enabled; WIFI Disabled
-Weather Sync every 3 hours
-Gmail Auto Sync (there is no option that I am aware of to tell Gmail at what rate to sync...there is just a check mark to turn the sync on or off)
-Backup Assistant Sync (every afternoon 12PM - 6PM)

Personal thoughts:
The battery level dropped by at least 10% while idling for 7 hours today. According to the DINC2 specs on Verizon's site, this phone is capable of idling for days on end. Yah right...

I am also not happy burning through approximately 25% (= 53% of battery's consumption * 50% battery level consumed) of my battery level from just 53 minutes worth of phone calls. I bought the phone this past Tuesday (just to give you perspective on the age of the battery).

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
well the idling time that they give you estimates of is most likely with 3G off. idling with mobile data and autosync, 10% in 7 hours doesn't sound bad at all. i've had worse.

joemustang

Reaction score
Yesterday my display was at 66% before I went to bed at 1am. And I think 15% of battery left. I played a lot of games yesterday though, I had a lazy Sunday. Its usually not that high, I never really play games.

bik2101

Reaction score
i won't be recharging just yet but thought i'd post.
14 hours off the charger, sitting at 58% with a bit over an hour of display on time.
haven't done much on my phone today, just decent amount of texting and emailing and about half hour of phone calls.