Incredible 2 Battery Life?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I've used Juice Defender on my Droid for a long time and it helped but I got the DInc2 a few days ago and I forgot completely about JD.

My latest numbers were 30 hours total time and 8 hours up time and it seems to get a little better each day so far.

I also covered all my screens with several Widgets and keep data, wifi and GPS on. Data sync is also on. I basically wanted to overuse it right out of the box to see what it would do because my last HTC sucked and I wasn't sure I would keep this one.

I still may not keep it but it sure wont be for bad battery performance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

pmdracer

Reaction score
Any more info on how to remove the BB app? I tried using the uninstaller in SuperBox Pro, but all I get is "Uninstall Failed".

BTW, first post, and from the help I've received just by reading and searching this forum - THANK YOU! dancedroid

anguish

Reaction score
Your best bet is to temp root and use something like Titanium Backup to freeze it. If you actually remove it, you may run into issues with future firmware updates, which is why freezing is recommended.

Of course, now that S-OFF has been attained, perm root is right behind as well as custom ROM's...so if you're not adverse to voiding warranties, a little patience will reward you well. :)

M

Mwsr

Iv had mine a few days and I use it pretty heavy. I havnt really kept track of the hours I get but its 100 times better than my fascinate was.

midweststreetryders.com

pmdracer

Reaction score
Well, time to give out more credit to you guys and gals.

I did as some of you have described and removed the Task Killers from my phone - I had 3 installed and was evaluating which I liked. I didn't know they were sucking the life out of my battery! I've also set my screen brightness to about 25% instead of 'auto' and set my email to only push/pull every 15 minutes instead of always.

I've only had my I2 for a week and I can tell you by the middle of the day I would be down to about 40% battery left. After these changes I made only a few hours ago I'm now sitting at 72%.

Thanks again everyone.

joemustang

Reaction score
Wow. You must use your phone non stop. I go to bed everynight with maybe 30% left.

pmdracer

Reaction score
Wow. You must use your phone non stop. I go to bed everynight with maybe 30% left.

Well, it's my first smart phone and I've only had it for a week, so I'm still in the 'always messing with it' stage. :biggrin: That, and my office is a bit of a cellular dead zone so I know the phone is probably working a bit trying to keep signal strength.

micjmac

Reaction score
Is there a way to find out how long the display has been on since you powered on the phone? I have the brightness set really low and the display has eaten 15% of my battery in the past 4 hours. Is this normal? I've made a couple calls, sent texts and browsed the web. I doubt the display has been on for more than 1 hour.

micjmac

Reaction score
go to settings-->about phone-->battery-->battery use-->display

That only tells me how long the phone has been powered on. It says 4 hours. There is no way I've had the display on for 4 hours.

bik2101

Reaction score
no.. it tells you how long the display has been on.
like mine - it says 19m 9s

micjmac

Reaction score
no.. it tells you how long the display has been on.
like mine - it says 19m 9s

When does the timer reset? Like I said my phone has only been on for 4 hours and I obviously haven't had the display up for that whole time.

bik2101

Reaction score
then i would say something is obviously wrong. i think that the timer resets when you either plug in and charge or if you restart your phone.

micjmac

Reaction score
then i would say something is obviously wrong. i think that the timer resets when you either plug in and charge or if you restart your phone.

I figured it out. I've been shutting down the phone before charging. I just reset the phone for the first time just now and it worked. But still. Should I be at 60% battery based on streaming Pandora for 30 minutes and browsing internet/texting for maybe an hour in total plus a few short calls?

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
well.. how long have you been off the charger? and how's the reception where you are? do you have background apps autosyncing? there's a lot of things that can come into play with battery life.