Incredible 2 Battery Life?

nikecar

Reaction score
So far:

1H, 28M since unplugged.
87% life left

Display 71% (= 23M, 5Sec; Display brightness setting is 20%)
Words Free 11% (Data sent 167KB, rec'd 509KB)
Cell Standby 6%
Android System 4%
Phone idle 4%
Android OS 2%
Internet 2%

I will update as I go today.

Slightly over 23 hours since my last unplug (not counting about 15 minutes last night transferring over ringtones and pictures. though since that brief connection time, its been 14h 49m). Shows 40%

Display: 51 % (auto bright, but looking at slider, its more than 50% and has a 2min screen timeout)
Android system: 25%
Cell Standby: 11%
Phone Idle: 9%
Voice Calls: 4%

pmdracer

Reaction score
Update:

6H, 4M since unplugged.
62% life left

Display 64% (= 1H 8M, 45Sec; Display brightness setting is 20%)
Words Free 11% (Data sent 423KB, rec'd 1.77MB)
Cell Standby 9%
Android System 4%
Phone idle 6%
Android OS 4%

seventystangfan

Reaction score
Going on 39+ hours with 1:45 minutes of talk time and frequent data usage/texting.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Assuming you mean 1 hour and 45 minutes, I don't understand how that is even possible unless you are understating the data usage, are mostly on Wifi, and have auto-sync and GPS disabled, and even still, I'm not even sure that would net you 39+ hours. My battery burns through about 25% for every hour of voice usage and 15% for every hour that the display is lit up for data usage.

I definitely want to get more feedback in this thread to see what truly is the norm for battery consumption. If the battery consumption you are getting is supposed to be normal, then I am returning my phone.

I was at about twenty percent remaining and my wifi had been on 20+ hours. That its with light usage but when I'm not working 8 hours of the day my battery easily lasts me two days.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

micjmac

Reaction score
This has been mentioned before - but in case someone missed it - be sure your call network is set to CDMA and not global. You should also either remove the SIM card or turn it over. This seems to make a big difference in battery life.

Also, if you don't mind a little bulk, there is a 3600ma battery with cover on ebay for the DI2. I know, some might say stay away from those, but I have one and it has been great. Battery meter recognizes it and everything. It gives you a huge increase in time between charges

O snap! I've been on global this whole time! Is that why voice usage has been busting my chops?!

nikecar

Reaction score
Mine finally died at 11:30pm last night, after putting Pandora on for an hour and letting it run non-stop.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Another app I found to help the battery on my original Inc is Screebl Pro. It does a very good job of regulating your actual screen timer and will make sure it is shut off much faster (all adjustable). It helped my phone a lot and will go on my Inc 2 straight off next week.

Conz

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm new, and this may have been asked/answered, so bare with me after reading this thread, I've deleted ATK, but when i used it, apps like mobile im, and skype mobile always seemed to be on the lists of running apps. I've never ever opened either of those. I still have watchdog, they don't show up in that, but does anyone know why they showed in ATK? also, should I scrap watchdog too? if this is in the wrong thread, I apologize, still trying to figure this place out. thanks

Conz

Reaction score
Ok. I'm back to report my battery results for the day.

-11 hours since unplugged
-Battery life remaining: 50%

Here is the breakdown of my battery consumption:

-Voice calls: 53% (Time on: 53 minutes)
-Display: 29% (Time On: 58 minutes)
-Cell Standby: 7%
-Phone Idle: 6%
-Android System: 3%
-Internet: 2%
----------------------
Total: 100%

Additional information:
-Total Texts received/sent: 65
-Screen brightness: 25%
-Pandora stream time: 1 hour max
-GPS Enabled; WIFI Disabled
-Weather Sync every 3 hours
-Gmail Auto Sync (there is no option that I am aware of to tell Gmail at what rate to sync...there is just a check mark to turn the sync on or off)
-Backup Assistant Sync (every afternoon 12PM - 6PM)

Personal thoughts:
The battery level dropped by at least 10% while idling for 7 hours today. According to the DINC2 specs on Verizon's site, this phone is capable of idling for days on end. Yah right...

I am also not happy burning through approximately 25% (= 53% of battery's consumption * 50% battery level consumed) of my battery level from just 53 minutes worth of phone calls. I bought the phone this past Tuesday (just to give you perspective on the age of the battery).

sorry for quoting all this, but where did you find all this information? is that an app or in the settings somwhere? when i got to about phone, i dont see this kinda stuff.

Rokin

Reaction score
I just got my dinc 2 yesterday, and i have been really disappointed with the battery life so far. I'm going to keep charging it up and hopefully it will improve. I' went from 100% to dead in about 7 hours.

papaandroid

Reaction score
Another app I found to help the battery on my original Inc is Screebl Pro. It does a very good job of regulating your actual screen timer and will make sure it is shut off much faster (all adjustable). It helped my phone a lot and will go on my Inc 2 straight off next week.

Cool app but I simply toggle the screen off and on via the power button as needed.

After reading most of the threads on this issue, I have removed AK and Juice Defender and I will see how it does. After conditioning the battery and turning off all of the battery killers it seems fine now. Getting a full day of normal use without worrying about recharging.

Conz

Reaction score
ok, so I've removed ATK and watchdog, I did a few other power saving things I read in here (shut off screen animations, no wifi, no gps, brightness is all the way down)

I charged it to 99% and fell asleep. So my phone has been exactly 2 hours since being unplugged. the battery use goes as follows:

cell standby - 32%
Display - 30%
Phone Idle - 28%
Android System - 5%
Android OS - 3%
com.htc.launcher - 2%

I'm at 83% battery life. So I lost 16% doing absolutely nothing? Seeing some people say their phone is on all day, at this pace, mine would last about half a day and I that's with me not even touching it?

something's gotta be wrong here. your help is requested, and appreciated.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Here are my stats:

15h 15m since unplugged

• Display 59%
  • Voice calls 17%
  • Cell standby 7%
  • Phone idle 6%
  • Android System 4%
  • Wi-Fi 3%
  • Aquarium (testing a new live wallpaper) 2%
  • Montezuma 2 (spent at least an hour playing) 2%

52% battery left

What I do:

- I have it set at a 1-minute time out.
- Gmail syncs automatically, but FB and Twitter only sync when I open the apps.
- My calendar syncs when there's a change in one of the 7 calendars I follow.
- If I'm at home, the Wi-Fi is on.
- My display is set at 10%, not auto.
- Weather updates every 3 hours.
- After trying the Aquarium live wallpaper, I went back to my normal grass live wallpaper that's part of Android.
- GPS is off; I only use it for navigation.
- Bluetooth is off unless I'm in the car for more than 10 minutes.
- Display is only high today because I was messing around with how the screens were configured.
- I use widgets for sticky notes, battery left, HTC clock, toggle bar, Sense Calendar, Sense Weather, 4x4 picture frame.

Today's usage is pretty normal -- lots of checking FB, Twitter, texting, a few phone calls, checking apps. By the time I go to bed, I'm normally down in the 35-40% range.

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch (mainly for work) and I can tell you that the battery life absolutely sucks. I have all of the same settings and sitting in an hour-long meeting taking some notes with Documents to Go will eat up 10-15%.

wyatta4

Reaction score
Here are my stats:

15h 15m since unplugged

• Display 59%
  • Voice calls 17%
  • Cell standby 7%
  • Phone idle 6%
  • Android System 4%
  • Wi-Fi 3%
  • Aquarium (testing a new live wallpaper) 2%
  • Montezuma 2 (spent at least an hour playing) 2%

52% battery left

What I do:

- I have it set at a 1-minute time out.
- Gmail syncs automatically, but FB and Twitter only sync when I open the apps.
- My calendar syncs when there's a change in one of the 7 calendars I follow.
- If I'm at home, the Wi-Fi is on.
- My display is set at 10%, not auto.
- Weather updates every 3 hours.
- After trying the Aquarium live wallpaper, I went back to my normal grass live wallpaper that's part of Android.
- GPS is off; I only use it for navigation.
- Bluetooth is off unless I'm in the car for more than 10 minutes.
- Display is only high today because I was messing around with how the screens were configured.
- I use widgets for sticky notes, battery left, HTC clock, toggle bar, Sense Calendar, Sense Weather, 4x4 picture frame.

Today's usage is pretty normal -- lots of checking FB, Twitter, texting, a few phone calls, checking apps. By the time I go to bed, I'm normally down in the 35-40% range.

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch (mainly for work) and I can tell you that the battery life absolutely sucks. I have all of the same settings and sitting in an hour-long meeting taking some notes with Documents to Go will eat up 10-15%.

Wow, I'm going to take mine back soon. My battery barely lasts me from 7 to 6 with light usage. I want to be able to actually use my phone to its capabilities....