• Phone idle 6%
  • Android System 4%
  • Wi-Fi 3%
  • Aquarium (testing a new live wallpaper) 2%
  • Montezuma 2 (spent at least an hour playing) 2%

52% battery left

What I do:

- I have it set at a 1-minute time out.
- Gmail syncs automatically, but FB and Twitter only sync when I open the apps.
- My calendar syncs when there's a change in one of the 7 calendars I follow.
- If I'm at home, the Wi-Fi is on.
- My display is set at 10%, not auto.
- Weather updates every 3 hours.
- After trying the Aquarium live wallpaper, I went back to my normal grass live wallpaper that's part of Android.
- GPS is off; I only use it for navigation.
- Bluetooth is off unless I'm in the car for more than 10 minutes.
- Display is only high today because I was messing around with how the screens were configured.
- I use widgets for sticky notes, battery left, HTC clock, toggle bar, Sense Calendar, Sense Weather, 4x4 picture frame.

Today's usage is pretty normal -- lots of checking FB, Twitter, texting, a few phone calls, checking apps. By the time I go to bed, I'm normally down in the 35-40% range.

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch (mainly for work) and I can tell you that the battery life absolutely sucks. I have all of the same settings and sitting in an hour-long meeting taking some notes with Documents to Go will eat up 10-15%.

Wow, I'm going to take mine back soon. My battery barely lasts me from 7 to 6 with light usage. I want to be able to actually use my phone to its capabilities....

Try tweaking the settings. If you start using it right out of the box with the factory settings, the battery life is probably going to suck. You'd be amazed at how much life is saved by limiting auto sync (and you're less tempted to be on FB and Twitter so much too!). Screen brightness is important too.

Conz

Reaction score
everyone keeps talking about synching. meanwhile when i go to those settings, i dont even have an off option on any of them. it just says "autosync" does that mean I've never activated it. I feel like i did when i got the phone without knowing. what should i search to find out everything about sync? I want to master this phone.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Go into Settings --> Accounts

Most of the accounts will have sync icons that you can turn on and off. At the top of the screen you can also turn off background sync all together.

Within some of the accounts, you can select whether you want the contacts, calendar, etc. to be autosynced as well.

Conz

Reaction score
havent been on my phone all day. 5 hours and at 80% battery, that's good

seventystangfan

Reaction score
This is my Inc2 after 52 1/2 hours

-Display on 2 hours and 13 minutes
-Voice calls for 47 minutes
-Cell standby 20% of time without signal
-Wi-Fi on for 46 hours

Conz

Reaction score
that blows my mind, i dont get it, but i want that

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's crazy! I have heard that wifi helps a ton though. How is the battery when you're not on wifi?

I can get over 12 hours on a charge, which is way better than it was stock...

sent from my ApeX

seventystangfan

Reaction score
That's crazy! I have heard that wifi helps a ton though. How is the battery when you're not on wifi?

sent from my ApeX

Usually I do pretty good even while not around a WiFi router. I just keep my WiFi on otherwise I forget to put it on. I do try to usually charge my phone via a computer (or my Xbox), I've heard that it helps. Also I always try and keep my brightness as low as possible.

nikecar

Reaction score

sent from my ApeX

Usually I do pretty good even while not around a WiFi router. I just keep my WiFi on otherwise I forget to put it on. I do try to usually charge my phone via a computer (or my Xbox), I've heard that it helps. Also I always try and keep my brightness as low as possible.
you have stock battery?

seventystangfan

Reaction score

sent from my ApeX

you have stock battery?

Absolutely, have to with my otterbox.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jwalk5000000

Reaction score
Gaah

I have read everything on this post... I just got my DINC2 Last friday. Out of the box it worked fine, and it was working well all this weekend. However, This morning I unpluged it at 6a.m. and by 10:30 a.m. it was at 10%... This is with normal useage from the past three days i have had it, and it was lasting 7-8 hours if not more on a charge!!! IDK what to do, maybe take it back!?!? I just watched it drop 4% in the last half hour, is this normal?! :confused:
:confused:

Rokin

Reaction score
Should we really have to have the brightness at like 10% to "possibly" get a day out of a charge. Seems like some bull donkey.

anguish

Reaction score
Don't like it? Return the fricking phone. The displays are battery hogs.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Should we really have to have the brightness at like 10% to "possibly" get a day out of a charge. Seems like some bull donkey.

I prefer a screen that isn't so bright. It hurts my eyes and makes the text hard to read. The only time I ever bring it above 10% is when I'm outside taking pictures.

Most of my friends and family with touchscreens have similar settings. Curvefish makes a free widget for brightness levels -- one of my cousins told me about it.

And, finally, there's no "possibly" about it. When I go to bed after 11-14 hours of use and I haven't hit 30% yet, that's pretty damn good.