Incredible 2 Battery Life?

Rokin

Reaction score
Its my first smartphone, I guess I better just get used to it? My env3 could go 3 days EZ mode.

Unbreakable1

Reaction score
If I'm sending like 500 or more texts a day, + k-9 mail push, and some gaming, barely any, gettn 12 hours of battery life...I've removed k9 mail to see if I get more life

seventystangfan

Reaction score
Note that I tried an entire day without wifi... It got me 20 hours. That is with an hour and 30 minutes of talk time though, relatively decent.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

PhDCow

Reaction score
Its my first smartphone, I guess I better just get used to it? My env3 could go 3 days EZ mode.

My dad still has an Env Touch (I'm begging him to switch over today to get grandfathered into the unlimited plan). It's a great phone, but it's not a mini-computer. I think that's the big difference. It will take some getting used to, but I think you'll find it's worth it.

anguish

Reaction score

What I tell everyone who converts to a smartphone is basically this: forget the days and days of battery life that you would get with a feature phone. Through various tweaks you can get 24+ hours, but generally speaking, plan on putting it on the charger at night.

What I also tell people too is that if you're a heavy user of it, plan on having a charger with you (or at least in your car) at all times. My wife is a good one for draining her iPhone 4 in 12 hours because of all the games and media she plays on it.

As another example too, Monday I had to charge my DINC2 twice. Why? My 3 year old and I were on marathon Angry Bird binges. (Neither charge were full charges though, about 40 minutes on the car charger.) Normally, with my regular use, I can get 18-24 hours easily. If I really take it easy, I could probably push 30-40 hours. With the extended battery, I'm not sure what I could do, but it would be pretty significant. But then I defeat the purpose of a smartphone.

Conz

Reaction score
EnV touch was a great phone. and since I'm afraid to leave this one on over night it has become my alarm clock for good. it's also a spare camera/mp3 player/notepad. that's the things about phones now. I was gonna sell it to some website for $30, but then I realized it still has some uses.

but this is an incredible thread, so let me ask this. ive been getting updates for my apps almost daily. do you guys download them everytime they are available or let them sit a while? also, my verizon widget refuses to update, i cant access it anymore

anguish

Reaction score
Generally, if I see updates, I update them. I will let them sit sometimes though. Depends on the app.

As far as the widget, have you tried removing it, then adding it to the homescreen again?

Conz

Reaction score
Generally, if I see updates, I update them. I will let them sit sometimes though. Depends on the app.

As far as the widget, have you tried removing it, then adding it to the homescreen again?
yup, i think its something i have to call tech support on, so I'm just pushing it off. it says it cant download, then i shut down, its on the screen like it did download, but when i open it, it was "new update available" and i start the process all over again.

anguish

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're trying to update from the stock install? If you haven't tried it already, try updating it from the Marketplace. If that fails, then I'd get tech support a call..

wyatta4

Reaction score
Okey, I went to trade in my phone and battery life has been sooooo much better on my exchange. I couldnt be happier. I can actually use my phone for what I want now. If youre having doubts, take it in, you may have a dud..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Okey, I went to trade in my phone and battery life has been sooooo much better on my exchange. I couldnt be happier. I can actually use my phone for what I want now. If youre having doubts, take it in, you may have a dud..

Yup, so far I have been very happy with mine. I've been off for about nine to ten hours with about 60% left and I have been using it A LOT today. And I also think the battery is still settling in. So far loving it.

Rokin

Reaction score

What I tell everyone who converts to a smartphone is basically this: forget the days and days of battery life that you would get with a feature phone. Through various tweaks you can get 24+ hours, but generally speaking, plan on putting it on the charger at night.

What I also tell people too is that if you're a heavy user of it, plan on having a charger with you (or at least in your car) at all times. My wife is a good one for draining her iPhone 4 in 12 hours because of all the games and media she plays on it.

As another example too, Monday I had to charge my DINC2 twice. Why? My 3 year old and I were on marathon Angry Bird binges. (Neither charge were full charges though, about 40 minutes on the car charger.) Normally, with my regular use, I can get 18-24 hours easily. If I really take it easy, I could probably push 30-40 hours. With the extended battery, I'm not sure what I could do, but it would be pretty significant. But then I defeat the purpose of a smartphone.
Yeah its just something i'll have to get used to. I love the phone though and can't put the thing down, probably why my battery life sucks lol. Words with friends is consuming my life.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Words with Friends is like crack. It'll take all your time. :D

You'll find as you settle down and don't play with it as much, your battery time will, needless to say, get better.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I learned an important lesson about updating apps. Read the reviews from users who have already updated. Sometimes the update makes things worse.