Incoming calls not coming in

gportnoy

Reaction score
Had this ongoing problem for about 3 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. Every 3-4 days my phone stops receiving incoming calls. People call me and after 4 rings get my voicemail. My phone never rings, never vibrates, shows no indication of an incoming phone call, even though if I look it at it I see 5 towers and 4G/LTE. Sometimes if I make an outbound call after that I can receive a call or two but eventually it'll again go into this strange "you don't need to talk to anyone mode". If people leave a voicemail I get immediate notification and TXTs and emails continue to come in. I have to restart the entire phone and this only fixes the issue temporarily. I never installed any alternative dialers or anything that might cause this. Verizon has reset the SIM card once and I performed a factory reset last week. Today the problem happened again and tech support suggested I go back to the store and exchange it. What are the chances that the new phone won't have this issue? I haven't seen anything on the forums, so I'd say pretty good, still I am kind of pissed.

OP
G

gportnoy

Reaction score
Got a brand new replacement Razr yesterday and had the same issue happen again today. Phone sitting on my desk suddenly I get a VM notification. I had a full 4G connection at the time. I looked through the logs on the phone (Elixir is an awesome app for that) but there is no indication that the phone was even aware of the call coming in. So I am leaning towards a 4G issue. Just switched the phone to 3g and will see what happens. Am I really alone in this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

AlloyGT

Reaction score
Mine does that if I set it on the desk next to my laptop. I suspect it is the laptop's wifi causing interference. I now put it on the desk on the left side of the laptop instead of the right side, and it works fine.

djzachtyler

Reaction score
you are not alone

I been having this same issue.

GF tries calling me 2-4 times no ring.... suddenly I get a VM notification. No missed call nothing to indicate she ever tried calling.

I am guessing this is more of a GB issue than anything... seems GB is kinda crappy OS (IMHO) had massive issues with it on my DX and went to running Cyanogen cause I got sick of all the issues that cropped up afetr 3-4 weeks of normal use. Sadly I do not have this option with my RAZR... Love the phone, but seems it started having lots more issues after my 30 day return window... most of which I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars are software related more than hardware related.

Definitely do not want to have to return my handset for a refurb, so I'll just stick it out and wait for ICS update or the dev commujnity to start drooping the bombs that allow me to go custom rom.

Another thought is do you have any smart actions enabled? check the smart action settings... sometimes it will kick in and disable some features if you just went with what it suggests instead fo manually configuring..

Ranman448

Reaction score
Just started having this issue

My Razr just stared this after the latest OTA update.

Had a couple of smart actions enabled. Rebooted and turned them off.

Will see how it goes...