Advanced Calling Problem

jplemt

Reaction score
I have a Turbo, most recent software, Advanced Calling enabled.
Phone works perfect with outgoing calls, texts, data, voicemail notifications, and I have a problem with incoming calls.
I've had a lot of calls recently that when I answer, will be dead air, no voice, and the person on the other end says the incoming ring tone just stops. I can call them back without problems. It happens about 3/10 calls. If my wife, who has Advanced Calling also, calls, it works ok.
Lately, I've also been getting calls to voicemail without any incoming ringing. The caller will report 3-4 rings before they get transferred. If I turn off Advanced Calling, the problems resolve, but I lose SVD. Anyone had this problem or know of a fix or solution?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This seems to be an ongoing issue with Advanced Calling. Unless both are in a solid 4G area its hit or miss. I never even turned it on cause I'm in a spotty area. But I also don't care much about SVD.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It looks like there has to be a perfect storm for it to work right on both ends. I don't know your area, but I'd turn it off until an update or some other network improvements.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I don't think this is a Turbo only problem....My Note 4 was having a lot of issues with this feature as well....I turned it off and haven't had any more issues. I think Verizon still needs to tweak this feature to work the kinks out.

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Week for me in the Philadelphia area it works nearly flawlessly... Just a few tiny glitches in voice.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
I use an app that shows signal strength in dBm in my status bar continuously, most of the time I'm in the -80s which isn't bad at all. Just started recently too.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have much worse and it still works.

16800d2ef5517cdb2f77533e9db9d21e.jpg

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
Gave up on it. Turned off the feature and haven't had any issues.
Maybe a version 5 something OS will fix it?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried it several different times when it first hit the Droid Maxx (I think we were Verizon's beta test group) and calls were so-so. Nothing to write home about, but not too bad. For me (and several others) Advance Calling killed the battery even in excellent signal areas. I could barely get through one day with two or three short phone calls. That was last May - June and I have not turned it back on since. I agree that Verizon needs to tweak their Advance Calling network for this to be a great feature for everyone.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
We have had so many customers come in the verizon store with this same issue. If you call and connect on 4g and you lose 4g you lose the call. For some reason advanced calling 1.0 doesn't support network changes IE 4g to 3G or 3G to 4g. Does your phone switch frequently? If it does you may not be able to utilize it until that issue is rectified unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus - 64 GIG (Space Grey) using Tapatalk (lifeisablog.com)