In Orlando FL traveling

kylo77

Reaction score
Hello, traveling with the family in Orlando Fl this week. I had my Bionic fuly charged heading into Disney. By time 11amrolled around my battery was down to 60% and the phone was red hot. no it wasnt from the sun. Im runmimg a rooted stock build so nothing strange there . I did notice that the a 4g/3g border here so I shut down 4g but the phone still died

any thoughts? this never happens at home...from nyc area
thanks.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
My guess is that you had launched some application that was doing a lot of communication. The app could just be buggy, or it could have a very aggressive sychronization schedule. I had seen this happen when I was going through a bunch of my "less frequently used" apps and trying them out. Turns out I launched a weather app that was going out and getting the weather info every minute - and it sucked battery life very quickly.

I'd suggest just doing a battery pull and restart the phone. Hopefully the app wouldn't have marked itself for auto-startup and your phone will go back to be better with battery life.

-D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
kylo77 said:
Hello, traveling with the family in Orlando Fl this week. I had my Bionic fuly charged heading into Disney. By time 11amrolled around my battery was down to 60% and the phone was red hot. no it wasnt from the sun. Im runmimg a rooted stock build so nothing strange there . I did notice that the a 4g/3g border here so I shut down 4g but the phone still died

any thoughts? this never happens at home...from nyc area
thanks.

look in settings, battery and data manager. See what's sucked down all of your battery juice.

Usage statistics should show what was using the battery up. Probably an app staying awake.

Once you do that, do a battery pull

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

jhom

Reaction score
Also, Google Maps/Navigator sucks alot of battery and makes the device warm up a bit if you have it on long.

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Once a weather app did this and a radio app did this on another occasion on my bionic. I deleted the weather app and just make sure I manually turn off the radio app. Like 94lt1 said check battery manager in settings.

Reaction score
Was there last week. I went to 3G only and was fine. However, I did use the Disney Parks app a bit for wait times, etc. That app chews a lot of battery as it integrates with the GPS. If you are using that try turning that off/uninstalling. I ended up not using it much anyway.