In Need of the FroYo VVM APK for the X

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the Visual Voice Mail apk for the Droid X? Can't use the one from the market 'cause it says one came with the device :icon_evil:

I lost it with the FlyX ROM

bad4u

Reaction score
birdman addressed this...

the value in build.prop where it says something like VVM=true needs to be set to false, then you can grab it from the market.

just searched...
its about 3/4 of the way down, saying vvm is preloaded, change it to false.

luv2increase

Reaction score
This is definitely one app that shouldn't have been removed. I'm running tranquility with 928 theme.

Delirious17

Reaction score
I'm having the same trouble...i have the backup of it (apk and odex) says it wasn't installed.

What do you mean changing what to false from true and how do I do that?

smokinfish

Reaction score
Search for visual voicemail or search under my screen name. I had the same problem and in that thread one of our members posted the apk file. I'm on my cell more and can't figure out how to download the app here. If you don't find the thread let me know and I will add it tomorrow.

D

Here's the link

http://m.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/86917-visual-voice-apk.html

http://m.droidforums.net/forum/attachments/droid-x-hacks/16882d1286410186-visual-voice-apk-vvm.zip

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

smitty6750

Reaction score
I downloaded a zip of all system apps. I can't quite remember from where but just unzipped it grabbed vvm throw it in system

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love YouMail and people who call me and get it, are really intrigued with it.

nmodlin

Reaction score
I did the edit on the 2.3.315 and it worked like a charm. Now on the .340 update it is not working. I can download and install but still forces an uninstall.

birdman addressed this...

the value in build.prop where it says something like VVM=true needs to be set to false, then you can grab it from the market.

just searched...
its about 3/4 of the way down, saying vvm is preloaded, change it to false.

sadly this did not work