In Call Volume

Jurasco

Reaction score
Well I waited for the nexus for quite some time, and finally got it on release day and I couldn't be happier with the phone. I have only found one problem and searching the web I cannot find a similar listed issue.

My Nexus is not rooted and I have already done a reset to factory settings and it has not helped with this issue.

Occasionally when I get calls I cannot hear anyone on the other line. I at first thought this was just bad calls coming in until I nearly dropped my phone and caught it, accidentally hitting the speakerphone button in the process and suddenly I could hear them yelling 'HELLO!' I started talking to them on speaker and they could hear me then when I brought it back up and clicked speakerphone off it went silent again. I rebooted the phone once and it seemed to help, another time it didn't. This even happened when i tried to call the person back.

Anyone have any ideas? The person this happens the most to is my wife and she isnt too happy about my phone i was so happy about blocking her from calling me.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I waited for the nexus for quite some time, and finally got it on release day and I couldn't be happier with the phone. I have only found one problem and searching the web I cannot find a similar listed issue.

My Nexus is not rooted and I have already done a reset to factory settings and it has not helped with this issue.

Occasionally when I get calls I cannot hear anyone on the other line. I at first thought this was just bad calls coming in until I nearly dropped my phone and caught it, accidentally hitting the speakerphone button in the process and suddenly I could hear them yelling 'HELLO!' I started talking to them on speaker and they could hear me then when I brought it back up and clicked speakerphone off it went silent again. I rebooted the phone once and it seemed to help, another time it didn't. This even happened when i tried to call the person back.

Anyone have any ideas? The person this happens the most to is my wife and she isnt too happy about my phone i was so happy about blocking her from calling me.

Good morning and sorry to hear you are having problems. Well, there are only a few things I can think of to try. 1) Try plugging a headphone plug into the headphone jack a few times. If possible try this while experiencing the problem. There may be something "wonky" in the jack that is making the phone think there is a headphone plugged in occasionally. 2) Try doing the Factory Data Reset a few times in succession. I've read of this working for a few folks in the past with this exact issue (well the symptoms were the same.).

If none of that works, I'd contact Verizon about a warranty claim.

Good luck.