Impossible Droid 3 Brick

seasnake10

Reaction score
Hey Droid Forums,
I need help from anyone that can out there because I've gotten myself into the worst case cenario and my phone is beyond retarded. I tried to facory reset my phone after flashing the latest steel rom and I bricked my phone. Not only that but when I got the chance to connect my phone to my computer it says "usb not recognized" not only this but its also suck in AP fastboot telling me that the battery is to low to program anything on the phone. I let the phone charge for a whole day using the wall charger not the usb charger and it still says that my phone's battery is to low. To add to all of this misfortunet turn of events my phone's headphone jack also stopped working after an update and it crashes pretty often. Personally I'd love to fix my phone but I want to smash it over the concrete floor because it's causeing sooooo many problems that I dont believe anyone can solve it. I'd appreciate the help from anyone that can help me out thanks!!

TRiLLSiPPiN

Reaction score
You need to buy a new battery on amazon or buy a battery charger from amazon. Don't freak out here... just get a new battery or if you have a friend with a d3 use their battery or their phone to charge your battery.

This is why it is always good to do any flashing with at least 80-90% battery...

Sent from my XT862 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
S

seasnake10

Reaction score
Thanks guys now i have the fully charged battery and the usb not recognized message keeps coming up no matter which computer im on so how do i deal with that??

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys now i have the fully charged battery and the usb not recognized message keeps coming up no matter which computer im on so how do i deal with that??

You may not be able to, that sounds an awful lot like a (hardware) problem with the phone's USB controller. On a long shot, check and make sure there isn't any lint or debris inside the phone's micro-usb port.

OP
S

seasnake10

Reaction score
Reinstall the Motorola drivers for your PC? Use a rear USB port on the computer?

Drivers can be found here 32bit and 64 bit:
Pete's Motorola Root Tools

OK so I got the USB to be recognized it was the battery all along after i swapped for a fully charged one. Now I unbricked it but it still has tons of problems with slow response time laggy camera and most of all the headphone jack still doesnt work. So on to that problem now

OP
S

seasnake10

Reaction score
Good advice, but I'd much rather DIY and now i have almost everything fixed exept for the headphone jack which is most likely a hardware problem. Question: If i rooted my phone again can i still update the stock rom to a newer version? and if yes how do I do it?

pistacio

Reaction score
If you try to "fix" the headphone jack by taking your phone apart, say bye-bye to the warranty...

As far as updating your stock ROM, I guess you could make a backup in safe mode (if you have safestrap installed), switch to non-safe, take the update, then reroot with Motofail exploit, install safestrap again, then restore your safe backup in safe mode? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I don't have too much experience with safestrap. I only flashed a ROM on my d3 once and I'm still in safe mode. I still have yet to switch back to non-safe (not sure how to restore the non-safe side correctly).

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Buy a Team Black Hat programming cable. I bricked my GF's motorola bravo and I could solve it using the cable.