[Impatience] Is there a manual 2.1 UK method?

OP
pbf420

pbf420

Reaction score
Did you try out your keyboard? When you push the Y, does it really responds as an Y; or does it give you a Z on your display...
(DACH really means the middle-European version!)

So strange. I flashed the DACH sbf file first time and the keyboard worked fine (my password has a 'y' in it).
Then I flashed the VFDE file that Azain mentioned and that was in German (I think) and y/z were flipped.
So, I try going back to the DACH file and now it is not even connecting to Tmobile and the keyboard is the middle-European version :mad:
I guess Techneut is knowledgeable and I am mad :)

I might be impatient but hey it's worth a try. Can anyone point me in the direction of the 2.0.1 UK sbf file? hahaha :)

Last edited:

azazin

Reaction score
Oh my, that file has definitely changed!! :icon_eek: I can confirm I have 'a' .34 build.
I've attached a pic of the file I downloaded from that link this morning.
How can I get a screen from my Milestone to show?? :)

Is that not the German one?

Azain. Can that be confirmed as the UK one?

I am not sure but, Y on my Milestone UK keyboard works fine on that so it might be?

:)

azazin

Reaction score
I am very confused now, with all these update problems :/

I am going to try the one pbf420 uploaded :D

azazin

Reaction score
pbf20s 2.1 update switches the Y with a Z confirming it's the German version.

tehpriest

Reaction score
So just to clarify does the DACH version switch them as well? (Is it also the German version?)

Techneut

Reaction score
DACH means:

Deutschland (Germany)
Austerreich (Austria)
Confederation Helvetica (Switzerland)

All three countries from Central Europe!

Reaction score
pbf20s 2.1 update switches the Y with a Z confirming it's the German version.

Thank you very much for testing it out. Saved me a lot of time :) I wish the official UK 2.1 would come out!

No problem dude, turns out neither mine nor pbf420s 2.1 was the official 2.1 UK update. I just wish it would come out ASAP. lol

I want the official update so my milestone will stop randomly restarting. I will take it out of my pocket and it will be in the middle of booting up! (along with voice dialer always crashing while using it with a BT headset)

azazin

Reaction score
Thank you very much for testing it out. Saved me a lot of time :) I wish the official UK 2.1 would come out!

No problem dude, turns out neither mine nor pbf420s 2.1 was the official 2.1 UK update. I just wish it would come out ASAP. lol

I want the official update so my milestone will stop randomly restarting. I will take it out of my pocket and it will be in the middle of booting up! (along with voice dialer always crashing while using it with a BT headset)

Just use version .31 for now until the .34 comes out :)

iamdarren

Reaction score
last night i thought, lets get the official 2.1 update for UK instead of using the DACH version.

i used 2.0 sbf to flas mine back to standard then i looked for an OTA update, it said i as up to date! ha! then i tried with the 2.0.1 sbf and it said i was up to date, i switched the battery for my full one and then tried again, it then said cannot connect to server. i connected the usb lead and updated over the pc, it just flashed 2.0.1 and no 2.1 what a waste of time.

the facebook page for motorola said that uk version 2.1 was out.

i dont think it is yet, can anyone advise if they have it yet?

tehpriest

Reaction score
You are correct in assuming that the 2.1 update is as yet not available. In other words No.

gareth7o9

Reaction score
Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
last night i thought, lets get the official 2.1 update for UK instead of using the DACH version.

i used 2.0 sbf to flas mine back to standard then i looked for an OTA update, it said i as up to date! ha! then i tried with the 2.0.1 sbf and it said i was up to date, i switched the battery for my full one and then tried again, it then said cannot connect to server. i connected the usb lead and updated over the pc, it just flashed 2.0.1 and no 2.1 what a waste of time.

the facebook page for motorola said that uk version 2.1 was out.

i dont think it is yet, can anyone advise if they have it yet?

No. I telephoned motorola on friday and they said there was a mistake on the site but that it should be out any day now!

iamdarren

Reaction score
the DACH 2.1 which i have been using for about a week has been messing up quite alot, its locking up and i got a call this morning but the touchscreen woudlnt recognise i was swyping over and over to answer,

im back on 2,0.1 waiting for the offical release of 2.1 :icon_ banana: