I'm usually not a whiner, but

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
...this is the worst phone I've ever owned. I paid a lot of money for this phone, and I shouldn't have to spend my valuable time pouring through forums to figure out why my phone:

1) Randomly reboots several times a day
2) Won't take pictures or open the camera app sometimes
3) Deletes playlists
4) Randomly changes ringtones
5) Has unreliable connectivity to GPS
6) Go from 4 bars 3G to no bars 1x and back and forth and back and forth WITHOUT MOVING AN INCH
7) Connects to my wireless network but will not be connected to the internet
8) Has the speech recognition capability equivalent to Helen Keller feeling my lips and guessing what's coming out
9) Can suck a battery dry in a few hours without the phone being used at all
10) Won't charge on the media dock or car dock sometimes
11) Randomly tells me I have no SD card

I am a tech guy, and I can LIVE with a few glitches here and there, but this phone is a piece of crap. I know there are opinions from folks on here whether its hardware or software related, but I'm not sure it's not BOTH. Motorola's crappy version of Android and a shoddy piece of hardware. I lived through the early adopter growing pains of having the original Droid, but I deserved a better phone when I moved up the Droid X2 and it has caused me nothing but grief.

I want so badly to have the time to write all the letters to Verizon and Motorola that you guys do. Or to learn how to install the mods that you guys claim make this crappy phone work better. I don't. I'm a single dad who works full-time and coaches baseball. I have NO extra time. After a particularly frustrating day with this phone, I originally came here to see if I could do anything quickly or easily to improve my situation, but since I couldn't, I had to vent. Sorry for the rant.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Sorry to hear about all the issues that your having. Is your phone still under warrenty? Have you tried a factory reset to help solve some problems?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
A

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the issues that your having. Is your phone still under warrenty? Have you tried a factory reset to help solve some problems?

I doubt it. I've had it since March of 2011. The problems just keep getting worse and worse. I'm ashamed that I lived with them for so long instead of doing something about it. I think my only course of action now is a personal pledge not to buy Motorola products anymore.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I can say that I've never owned a Moto smart phone. My last Moto was the original Razr flip phone. This is my third HTC smart phone and I've loved all three. Are you due for an upgrade?

jayb

Reaction score
I agree the worst phone ever. I got one for my friend on my account last year when they first came out. Well we called Verizon and bugged them a little ( also was being very nice to them) and got on with tech support for about the tenth time and long story short just got her the new purple Razr for 99$ mothers day special. I have the Razr also and it is rock solid. So you might try that approach. And we sold the Droid X2 for $150.00 :D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

lostinsc

Reaction score
Mine was having most of the same problems. I called Verizon and complained for about 3 months. They kept telling me to do a factory reset. I did and the phone would work ok for about a week. After the third reset in 3 months, I've had enough. I called back and spoke to a very nice rep and they sent me out a new refurbished phone running android 2.3.5. This phone is doing much better. The keyboard is still a little slow but it has not froze on me.

Last edited:

amg3467

Reaction score
ive had the phone since it came out and at first said it was the greatest phone i ever owned if not for a few things. Most of which are in your list. i just rooted and flashed cm7, it is now officially the greatest phone i ever owned. I understand you said you don't have the time. It took me 3 hours while i was at work (im a restaurant manager who is constantly running around). It really isn't that hard, follow the instructions carefully and do it. it looks scary at first but if you just read it through and do it step by step it is extremely easy.

purplebutterfly

Reaction score
I had a Droid X, it was replaced twice for problems. Then I tried another phone and had horrible problems staying connected in my house. It was replaced twice in 3 months, and they could NOT figure out the issues, so let me get a different phone without charge. I got the Droid X2 less than a year ago, and I'm now on Droid X2 the 3rd. I will NEVER get another Motorola phone. Too unreliable.

srvctec

Reaction score
I doubt it. I've had it since March of 2011.

That's actually not even possible since the phone wasn't even released until the middle of May 2011.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Glad mine has been reliable since I got it in mid June of last year.

Last edited:

Flamstrosity

Reaction score
Try replacing your as cars. My camera had issues, and reassigned ringtones, and that was the problem there.

OP
A

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
That's actually not even possible since the phone wasn't even released until the middle of May 2011.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Glad mine has been reliable since I got it in mid June of last year.

Late to revisit this thread, but sorry, you are wrong (probably on both accounts). I actually got the phone in July of 2011. And it is still the worst phone I have every owned. When I place it on my car dock, it can take 10-20 minutes to connect to my bluetooth and allow me to make a call. I've even sat there and watched the phone randomly dial people or do other things without ANY human interaction. Battery can go from 80% to 20% in FIVE MINUTES. It is a piece of crap and it will be my life's mission to make sure that no one I know buys a Motorola phone ever again because it has caused me so much grief. And no, I can't afford a replacement NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO.

rrokit

Reaction score
Late to revisit this thread, but sorry, you are wrong (probably on both accounts). I actually got the phone in July of 2011. And it is still the worst phone I have every owned. When I place it on my car dock, it can take 10-20 minutes to connect to my bluetooth and allow me to make a call. I've even sat there and watched the phone randomly dial people or do other things without ANY human interaction. Battery can go from 80% to 20% in FIVE MINUTES. It is a piece of crap and it will be my life's mission to make sure that no one I know buys a Motorola phone ever again because it has caused me so much grief. And no, I can't afford a replacement NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO.

I've had an X2 for two years. My new one lasted about 3 months or so before VZ had to replace it with a refurbished. I was very irritated to have to give up a "new" phone for a "new refurbished" phone but after over 1-1/2 years I have had no trouble with it. I have come to believe there were mfg/quality issues and you just had to take your chances. I took a chance on the replacement and am still happy with it.