If your using as tv remote I found a better app than watchon

jacobbones

Reaction score
The tv remote is the big feature I like about the S4. For various reasons, most of which are for a laugh at the expense of others.

Anyways. I wasn't really happy with the watchon app that came on the S4. Seemed like a hassle to get to the remote, and a pain to switch to different tv's. Couldnt get to the point where I set-up my av-receiver. Also couldnt get it to change the channel on my tv.

So I found this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy&hl=en

Is $9.99 and I cringed at first but finally bought it and it really is alot better than the one that came with the phone.
I have full control over tv's, dvd players, av receiver and its easy to switch between them. You can edit the remotes to, as like with the receiver it has 10 thousand buttons so I have to go edit and remove alot to keep it simple as all I need is volume, power and source control.

Its worth the money in my opinion.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's pretty steep for not knowing if it will work on my DirecTV. The one that came with the phone won't and their WEB site has little info. They do need a trial.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I sent them an email asking if they'd refund the purchase price if it didn't work. They said yes so I'll hold them to it.

beaky73

Reaction score
I like the one with the phone, it works my yamaha receiver, pioneer TV, and directv ...

Tankwylde

Reaction score
I just got done setting up the watch on app. It is easy to navigate just takes a while to figure out how to set it up. It Controls my TV, dvd, surround sound, and even my VCR. You can a also set up multiple rooms. One set up for my living room and one for my bedroom. I personally love it.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone didn't know, you can swipe upward for "advanced" controls on Watch On. For example, menu, navigate, etc. I use it all the time too!