[APP] Galaxy S4 Universal Remote

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
62427d1366917511-root-method-lg-spectrum-2-droid-forums.jpg

One of the great features of the Galaxy S4 is the IR transmitter which turns your device into a remote. The included software Watch On does not include all the TV codes. I found that the S4 Watch On remote feature would not work on either my Dynex or Toshiba tvs. There is an app that claims to solve this. The Galaxy S4 Universal Remote app by developer "Moletag" should add functionality for your specific tv set. They are constantly adding support for more devices. They will also accept request. If the app doesn't work with your particular tv they will attempt to add it. Functionality includes turn tv on/off, volume up/down, change channels, navigate the menu, prank your friends, and more. Check out the link below for more info on this app!

MeUxOKK-3m0yS2zdNAAW4ILHqm-d60lCRknR-JvFS14U-XQm6bkIaLg-entrpvmV7A0=h230
7bsA-Hivtp5RDj3yKCiHHjoJV2LeDPkegJgw-b7jONuel4Pma-r0QqjXGjv55HHfKzwr=h230
Aq6tu94woEjvDn37dhMX00uqswv2BiRucL8KCCMqaN6so8ibb-Y9LTIEknru2YwMJg=h230

Grab the app and more info here

SmartRC

Reaction score
The built-in WatchOn app on the Samsung S4 is nice but it is more of a TV guide and has limited support for off-brand devices. There are options for Samsung Galaxy S4 Universal remote apps, one of which is Galaxy S4 Remote by ZappIR. This app supports over 300,000 devices including TV, DVD players, set top boxes, even some home automation devices such as lighting, pull down screens and LCD projectors. Now that Samsung S4 is being released in many different countries, ZappIR supported for international devices is well worth the purchase. It can hold up to 15 different remotes. Check it out.

Galaxy S4 Remote by ZappIR

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Problem with IR is people like me are increasingly putting A/V equipment inside of cabinets.

Considering what we pay for Harmony remotes, it would be a heck of a nice feature to incorporate into a smartphone. Or maybe future A/V equipment will be able to be accessed over wifi to control (if it isn't out there already).

SmartRC

Reaction score
Android alternative to Creston, Pronto and Harmony

Problem with IR is people like me are increasingly putting A/V equipment inside of cabinets.

Considering what we pay for Harmony remotes, it would be a heck of a nice feature to incorporate into a smartphone. Or maybe future A/V equipment will be able to be accessed over wifi to control (if it isn't out there already).

There are already several remote apps that work with external IR blasters for hidden devices inside cabinets or other rooms. Check out Touchsquid remote apps on Google Play. They support Samsung Tablets that have built-in IR, but also generic Android tablets in conjunction with external IR blasters such as the Global Cache, IR Trans or Keene.

It is activity based.

Touchsquid also has a Galaxy S4 Remote and HTC One Remote that works with Global Cache for hidden devices.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i use touchsquid app on my galaxy tab 2 to control everything in the house, including xbox.