If you had it do over again, would you upgrade to JB?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by brobox, Mar 31, 2013.

1. eddie7

eddie7 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry I meant Xoom. JB had those toggles on 4.1 as well. 4.22 is just the current version. Yes Moto products got the short end of JB. Once you've tried a device with pure Google JB you will know what I mean. Why is Android OS on top of my battery usage stats everytime? This wasn't the case with ICS. And battery life has defiantly shortened with the 4.1.2 update. But I have a Maxx so it's not a huge issue.

2. StepDrummer

StepDrummer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't Do it!!!

Don't be like me and get fooled into thinking that the JB UPDATE will be better!!
    I am TRULY BUMMED that I can no longer use FoxFi.
    I already pay for unimited data, and now it looks like I am going to have to root, or pay for more "unlimited" data.
    I must be (deeep down inside!!) Afraid of rooting because I seem to be putting it off... I should have rooted my first Android phone - a Droid X, - almost three years ago.
    I would have become proficient enough at "Rooting", as well as all the different "MODS" that can be had to help ANYBODY THAT NEEDS HELP to "UPGRADE" their phone.
    I am a great salesperson, and once I have a working, rooted and NON VERIZON WI-FI TETHERED (FoxFi'd) phone - the servers at the Root Suppliers websites (like this one) will be getting HOT!!!
    Right now, (and sporting a stock Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)), I feel like a dummy for not READING THE DROID FORUM'S just before I installed the "New Update". DON'T DO IT!!!
    All help and words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    StepDrummer

3. Redsnk95

Redsnk95 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Yea I have a Maxx as well. Bottom line for me is that I am happy with JB 4.1.2 update for both of my devices. I've enjoyed my motorola devices, they work together well and work as I need them to. I really don't have any complaints between the two devices. Honestly I just happy both are more or less up to date. All up to the user as some are happy and some are upset.

4. Knightrider03m

Knightrider03m Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO, for the fact that I no longer have wireless tether via Foxfi, I could do with out JB

Search tags for this page
bionic jb update tether
droid bionic battery 4.1 update
droid bionic battery issues since jelly

droid razr maxx hd 4.22

jelly bean droid bionic tether faster
problems with droid bionic jelly bean update
since jelly bean update bionic battery life decreased greatl