If you can root and understand OTA stuff PLEASE HELP!

theincrediblenoob

Reaction score
I have spent hours reading and still can't find a definitive answer for this. Here is what I want to do. I want to root my thunderbolt which has all of verizons current ota's and radios and all the other stuff the update checker would give me. I just want to root my phone but keep everything else stock! I don't want old versions of stuff, I want everything the most recent ota would give me. I have android 2.2.1, how do I do this???? Directions or a link would be great!!! Thank you in advance everyone!

drew

Reaction score

johnd09

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you're rooting if you want to keep everything stock. What's the point?[/QUOTE]

That was my idea too until I got it dine, then I started looking at all the awesome roms.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
T

theincrediblenoob

Reaction score
I have just been having 4G issues and GPS lock issues and I just want to make sure I have the most recent everything. I will change the kernel to a 1.8ghz but I never messed with a rom. I see a ton of suggestions laying around, but I want one that will have all of the current stuff and still have Sense UI. I hear a lot about this dasbamf, does this use the SUI? Also, what about liquid lightening?

I would love to customize the phone but like I said, just been having problems.

johnd09

Reaction score
So far bamf has been very solid, I overclocked to 1.2 ghz and it flies with sense 3.0, the only lag I have seen is while installing apps. Love it so far only other problem is with the radio not keeping 4g where I used to get it perfectly , got to update it to the GB leaked one, but i haven't did it before so this all is new to me, I'm feeling my way through it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

poorman

Reaction score
Not sure why you're rooting if you want to keep everything stock. What's the point?

I was wanting to do this too as I thought that I could use the tethering app for free and delete the junk apps forced on the phone. I do like some of the other features and since Cyanogen is not officially supported...

An I wrong that I can delete the vcast junk and use tethering and mobile hotspot for free?

Thanks!

Jay

drew

Reaction score
I was wanting to do this too as I thought that I could use the tethering app for free and delete the junk apps forced on the phone. I do like some of the other features and since Cyanogen is not officially supported...

An I wrong that I can delete the vcast junk and use tethering and mobile hotspot for free?

Thanks!

Jay

Once you root, you can use Titanium Backup to freeze all the bloatware, and then find Wireless Tether and use that for tethering. I wouldn't use the Mobile Hotspot app...

poorman

Reaction score
Once you root, you can use Titanium Backup to freeze all the bloatware, and then find Wireless Tether and use that for tethering. I wouldn't use the Mobile Hotspot app...

Hey thanks! I didn't think to use other apps for tethering, I supposed they can still track if I use their app. Great suggestion!