If you can root and understand OTA stuff PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by theincrediblenoob, Sep 8, 2011.

1. theincrediblenoob

theincrediblenoob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent hours reading and still can't find a definitive answer for this. Here is what I want to do. I want to root my thunderbolt which has all of verizons current ota's and radios and all the other stuff the update checker would give me. I just want to root my phone but keep everything else stock! I don't want old versions of stuff, I want everything the most recent ota would give me. I have android 2.2.1, how do I do this???? Directions or a link would be great!!! Thank you in advance everyone!

2. drew

drew Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. johnd09

johnd09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [/QUOTE]

Not sure why you're rooting if you want to keep everything stock. What's the point?[/QUOTE]

That was my idea too until I got it dine, then I started looking at all the awesome roms.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

#3 johnd09, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  4. theincrediblenoob

theincrediblenoob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just been having 4G issues and GPS lock issues and I just want to make sure I have the most recent everything. I will change the kernel to a 1.8ghz but I never messed with a rom. I see a ton of suggestions laying around, but I want one that will have all of the current stuff and still have Sense UI. I hear a lot about this dasbamf, does this use the SUI? Also, what about liquid lightening?

I would love to customize the phone but like I said, just been having problems.

5. johnd09

johnd09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far bamf has been very solid, I overclocked to 1.2 ghz and it flies with sense 3.0, the only lag I have seen is while installing apps. Love it so far only other problem is with the radio not keeping 4g where I used to get it perfectly , got to update it to the GB leaked one, but i haven't did it before so this all is new to me, I'm feeling my way through it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

6. poorman

poorman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wanting to do this too as I thought that I could use the tethering app for free and delete the junk apps forced on the phone. I do like some of the other features and since Cyanogen is not officially supported...

An I wrong that I can delete the vcast junk and use tethering and mobile hotspot for free?

Thanks!

Jay

7. drew

drew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you root, you can use Titanium Backup to freeze all the bloatware, and then find Wireless Tether and use that for tethering. I wouldn't use the Mobile Hotspot app...

8. poorman

poorman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks! I didn't think to use other apps for tethering, I supposed they can still track if I use their app. Great suggestion!