If rooted will verizon send apps to your phone

Enter

Reaction score
Root is also called SU= Super User, it just gives you more access to the OS, it does not remove any current features without you doing it yourself.

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Root is also called SU= Super User, it just gives you more access to the OS, it does not remove any current features without you doing it yourself.
srry what i meant was if i rooted will verizon send me updates like 2.1

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, unless you specifically turn the feature off.
Note: that many of the custom ROMs have this turned off so if you load one of them you will likely not get the update.

DigiK

Reaction score
Why worry about updates, though, unless you want to capture and make available for manual download? You're only risking losing root if you install the new 2.1 update before it's ENHANCED and posted by the dev community. ;)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, keep in mind that other things you can do as a SU may have an adverse effect on the OTA when/if it's ever released. You may want to disable receiving OTAs (do a search on how) just in-case. That way you can, if it's needed return your phone to 'stock' before installing the update.

No one knows yet what exactly the OTA (again, IF there ever is one) will do or how it will update (i.e. will it be a total flash or packet specific update).