Sending ex-rooted droid back to verizon

tu3218

Reaction score
So I had to get a new droid to a previous faulty droid. My oringinal droid was rooted an I went back to stock when I brought it into verizon. Is there anything I should do before sending it to verizon? I'm just about positive that there's nothing else on the phone, but i was just wondering about SPRecovery or something.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need to remove SPRecovery and format the flash drive.

I recommend an SBF Restore to take care of SPRecovery, just in case.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
well I unrooted using droidmod. When I tried booting into SPRecovery by holding x and power button, a exclamation point came up with a droid laying down(nothing else) does this mean SPRecovery is gone now?

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
once you see that ! with the droid, if you hold the up volume and camera button, does that take you into a recovery/update screen? If so, that most likely means you're back to the stock recovery image now. Just make sure it doesn't say SPrecovery or anything in it and you should be good.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
When I see the !, I pressed the volume up and the camera button but nothing happened.

EDIT: I just pressed the up volume and came up to android system recovery. towards the bottom it says E:cant open /cache/recovery/command. An towards the top it says reboot now, apply update, wipedata/factory reset, and wipe cache. I did both wipe data an wipe cache. I don't see the SPrecovery symbol or anything so I think I'm good. Just not sure about the "E:cant open..."

Last edited:

naykam0810

Reaction score
I have returned 3 droids already to my loca verizon store and I have not erased any data, off course I have the memory card that I got with my first droid, so all my files are there. When they get these phones they will do a swipe and something similar to RSD.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I have returned 3 droids already to my loca verizon store and I have not erased any data, off course I have the memory card that I got with my first droid, so all my files are there. When they get these phones they will do a swipe and something similar to RSD.

Yeah, I guess they just want the phone cause they don't want me having two droids for the price of one lol. I just didn't know if they check that stuff an I wanted to make sure my phone was good before shipping it back.