If October release is true...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the OG was their test phone. Dev support is fine and dandy but I don't think Verizon give two craps about us and the dev community. I think the OG is actually a huge thorn in their side. While it's probably their most successful phone of all time, they're scared to death to unlock another device because they want total control. They're tired of insurance fraud and they're tired of users violated their contracts by abusing tethering. Until they can find a way to properly monitory/stop tethering, I don't think we'll see a fully unlocked device. The Nexus may be a different case though.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, but the OG was their test phone. Dev support is fine and dandy but I don't think Verizon give two craps about us and the dev community. I think the OG is actually a huge thorn in their side. While it's probably their most successful phone of all time, they're scared to death to unlock another device because they want total control. They're tired of insurance fraud and they're tired of users violated their contracts by abusing tethering. Until they can find a way to properly monitory/stop tethering, I don't think we'll see a fully unlocked device. The Nexus may be a different case though.

I see where your coming from, but I think they have found a way to block the tethering.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/3...ireless-tether-asks-that-you-purchase-a-plan/

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
There will always be something better coming out two months later, so eventually you have to pull the trigger on something.

For me it'll be the Bionic. Having the Lapdock will remove my need of having a phone AND a tablet.

Im thinking of selling my XOOM for a lapdock myself. I love the XOOM however the less I have to carry the better

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Oxymoron

Reaction score
The fact that Samsung released the kernel source for the Epic 4G Touch (GSII) already, is a very good sign. I see no problems with the Prime.

*customized tapatalk signature*

b-jammin21

Reaction score
P3Droid just tweeted last night that the Prime is coming to Verizon bloat free, and as a pure Nexus device. Let's hope this is true. If it is, price has no factor in me getting this phone...

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My only issue is that he keeps calling it the Nexus Prime... I was almost sure that is the incorrect name... but that is just based on things I've read and things I feel haha.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My only issue is that he keeps calling it the Nexus Prime... I was almost sure that is the incorrect name... but that is just based on things I've read and things I feel haha.
So,wonder if this 4chan guy knows what he's talkin a bout when he called it samsung galaxy nexus?

harpua

Reaction score
the suspense is killing me. from my reading i think the announcement will be made tuesday? :fingers crossed:

like so many others, OG ready to retire.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, my OG's speaker has now been crackling and popping when I get phone calls and it's set on vibrate lol. Hoping to replace this old man phone soon enough.