If I sell my Nexus, do I need to do a factory reset?

Jamar

Reaction score
Or is all of my information stored with the 4G sim card?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You should always do a factory reset before selling any phone. There's no telling what data your apps have.

Sent from my D2G

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What angel said.

Unless of course you want to sell your info as well:D

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
^Lol thanks for your answers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

spooner2007

Reaction score
Vzs sim cards arnt really meant for anything except data...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

Reaction score
it takes a half second to initiate a factory reset. why would there be any question in your mind about whether you should do it? :icon_question:

flashman

Reaction score
I went into a local Verizon store to exchange my Galaxy Nexus due to an audio issue with it. I asked the guy if he should be doing a factory reset before he took the SIM card out and put it into the new phone and he said it wasn't necessary.

Is that true? I'm a little worried now...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I went into a local Verizon store to exchange my Galaxy Nexus due to an audio issue with it. I asked the guy if he should be doing a factory reset before he took the SIM card out and put it into the new phone and he said it wasn't necessary.

They'll end up doing a factory reset on the device anyway, but I personally always tell anyone going in to exchange a phone to do the reset themselves. You never know if someone shady works for Verizon and would go through whatever info is on your device.

As for moving the SIM to another device, no you don't need to factory reset the prior device for the SIM to work.

Reaction score

For your own comfort of knowing.... next time....I would always just do the reset. However, the reason he said it wasn't necessary is because all returned phones are sent off to the replacement department and wiped and reflashed, etc. Before being used by another consumer.
Of course, that doesn't protect your info from being accessed by one of the employees handling your phone.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

flashman

Reaction score
Well, I feel a little better. It's funny because I knew I should make him do the reset in front of me but I wanted to get out of there, didnt want to pester him (asked him two times about data safety) blah blah blah. Should have just insisted. Lesson learned on my end.

Thanks for the help