Can I do a factory reset and still stay rooted

suprfast

Reaction score
Im selling my bionic that has reblurred on it. All I want to do is a factory reset so the new owner doesnt have any of my old information on it, but the phone is to stay rooted(they want the wifi feature).

What is the simplest way of clearing out and making this a factory(ish) slate?

OP
S

suprfast

Reaction score
I did the factory reset and it gets stuck at the android screen stating that its only a few minutes.

Im pretty sure its bricked right now and I havent a clue what to do. Any thoughts? I cant do anything other than android system recovery. all of the attempts to load a new rom fail E:signature verification failed

samiusmc

Reaction score
I did the factory reset and it gets stuck at the android screen stating that its only a few minutes.

Im pretty sure its bricked right now and I havent a clue what to do. Any thoughts? I cant do anything other than android system recovery. all of the attempts to load a new rom fail E:signature verification failed

Can you boot into recovery and wipe it again?

OP
S

suprfast

Reaction score
its booted but it seems to be missing a lot of something. bottom left is a question mark where the phone should be. I cant access settings or wifi.

OP
S

suprfast

Reaction score
I followed the instructions exactly like the video showed and it reset the phone back to 886. Im almost positive its no longer rooted. Different start up screen, lots of bloat. Im actually okay with this since I just want to sell it. Would the buyer(who is a friend) have any issues with the phone at the 886? Would they be able to do updates in the future? Is this basically a stock phone again?