Ics over 1.3 eclipse. How to install properly?

Tucstwo

Reaction score
Which ICS are you talking about? Is eclipse 1.3 the Gingerbread Eclipse? Because Nitro has released Eclipse for the ICS kernel also. A lot more detail would be appreciated if you wish to actually get a helpful answer. If not my instructions are:

Turn off phone
Install ICS
Reboot

That's about as helpful as I can be without more details on your current set up and what you want to do

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If you're installing the OTA, you need to be 100% stock. Which means either restoring a stock backup or SBFing (if possible) so you're 100% stock.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
J

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Which ICS are you talking about? Is eclipse 1.3 the Gingerbread Eclipse? Because Nitro has released Eclipse for the ICS kernel also. A lot more detail would be appreciated if you wish to actually get a helpful answer. If not my instructions are:

Turn off phone
Install ICS
Reboot

That's about as helpful as I can be without more details on your current set up and what you want to do

Is it really that easy as download, turn phone off, install ics, and then reboot. Will that effect the current eclipse rom I have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Logan3824

Reaction score
You need to fastboot back to stock....Use matts utility to do that...Then once you're completely stock you can install OTA or ICS...

Tucstwo

Reaction score
Is it really that easy as download, turn phone off, install ics, and then reboot. Will that effect the current eclipse rom I have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No, not at all. I said you didn't give us a whole lot of details about your set up or which ICS you're looking to install. So how can you expect anyone to give you detailed installation instruction? Like other users said, if you want to get onto the stock blur OTA ICS, which is 6.16.211.XT912 then you need to FXZ (people still call it SBF) back to stock 6.14.181 Gingerbread and install with a clean slate.