ICS has caused major battery drain

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by helron, Jun 30, 2012.

1. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    For me.215 helped but it wasn't amazing. My major battery draw seems to be 4G. When at home on WiFi I get 24 hours easily, but at work I barely get 10 hours.
    The other issue is data drops, before ICS the hand off from 4G to 3G to WiFi was seamless, but now I have to cycle wifi on and off to force the phone to connect to 4G. Last night I lost data twice.

Grumble, grumble stupid OTA updates!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Gingerbread 4G was bad and IVS 4g is worse. I rarely use it because od the drain. But, now, even with 215 update, everything kills the battery, even WIFI. My old iTouch holds battery on wifi for a week! This is crazy. Just heard that Android 4.4 for tablets is causing similar issues on those devices. A 400 dollar phone should come with a rocket launcher instead od an on board Dying battery. I also did FoxKats battery calibration several times. Will do it again tonight but doubt it will solve my problem.

3. Raydee35

Raydee35 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I can't seem to get my battery to die today after updating to. 215 and doing a battery calibration.

View attachment 58409

4. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,803
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Looking good! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    After every OTA update, there seems to be an excessive battery drain for quite some time. Then, the phone sorta adjusts itself to become more normal over time.
    Apparently, the problem plagues iOS as well: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229275

6. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    RFD on iCS space 215 results were as I posted. L My battery really drained during the day -within a few hours I was down to 50 percent. After it hit .50 I turned brigntness up, wifi on, the 4g then both. The drain after .50 oddly very slow! very weird! This morni f phone was at .20 with all being running! Did a FoxKat battery charge and let's see what happens. UGH,

7. Brostrom4

Brostrom4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Little late to the discussion here, but thought i'd add in my two cents. I installed the .215 leak thinking it would be better...but it seems to have made it worse for me too. Phone dies pretty quickly, and drains fast. Im going to try going back to .211. But I am seriously sick of having to always charge...I want to upgrade to the galaxy note 2 or droid razr maxx hd, simply because both phones have over 3100mah capacity.

8. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Update with ICS 215 leak. OK, as said earlier, here's the deal:
    ICS pushed in summer-results were horrid banter drain.
    Calibrated battery as per FoxKat guide-still horrid drain.
    Installed 215, worse battery drain.
    Finally, did full FDR, worse battery loss of all time!
    Calibrated battery AGAIN as per FoxKat guide-results ARE VERY GOOD so far.
    ****Help in this forum are exceptional! I thank each person who helped and read my pleas and rants****
    Thanks Foxcat, 'Tis, and Josh! Hope my,posts help others who face similar issues. Gobbel Gobble, enjoy!

FDR w215' horrid batterybres

9. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,013
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Wow, that's super...so glad we were finally able to get some success. Hooray, that's really good news.

10. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Day 2: Fully calibrated after FDR using 215. Battery at 22 hrs =50%!!! WOW! biggest drain is DISPLAY. Why? It's set to low brightness, and not used so often. Talking on phone set to go black, phone on 2 minute black out, but I awlays shut it. Very strange. But, hey! Lots better than before!:biggrin:
    Now running videos over wifi so that I can quickly drain battery to do final 2nd battery calibration after FDR.
    Hope that goes well! Will keep u posted!

11. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,013
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    That sounds like what it should be. And yes, even on low brightness, your display should be the greatest percentage of drain. Generally, if something shows higher than the display, than that would be something that is major sucking more battery than it should. My display has always been on the top.

12. helron

helron Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Update 2: Today, i let recalibrated battery drain quickly. whilephone was at 50%, I ran a video (for an hour via 4g) and phone dropped to 18 %. just love that 4G!! UGH!
    Well, now doing 2nd calibration, and will psot results. This should be it for calibrations, right? I hope so. If not, the phome will soon be used as a doorstop to hold open the door for Tom Turkey!
    All joking aside, I really hope this works:biggrin: Will let u know...
    Oh! 'Tis: Like you, my battery has always shown the DISPLAY (no matter what the setting) as the biggest battery drain.

Search tags for this page
android ice cream sandwich, ads draining battery
droid bionic ics battery drain fix

droid bionic ics update battery drain

droid bionic update causing battery drain
ics or super amoled forum
motorola razr maxx drain battery faster ics
razr maxx battery drain ics