Wifi/3G/4G and ICS

cece5702

Reaction score
Before I received ICS my Wifi would automatically kick in when I get home from work and when I pull out of my drive way it would switch over to 3G or 4G, now with this new ICS is seems like I have to keep manually going into data usage and changing it over. Does anyone know how to fix this with the new ICS. Its a pain having to do it manually when under GB it worked perfectly. Ugh.....

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Mine is working fine. I left the house last night and as soon as I got out of range the 4g kicked in. Came back home and the Wifi kicked back on.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Is your Wifi set to "On' all the time automatically? Before I left out of the house my wifi was on and working fine. When I got down the road, my wifi was still on and I had to go in and turn it off manually before 4G would kick in. What are you settings if you dont mind me asking?
Mine is working fine. I left the house last night and as soon as I got out of range the 4g kicked in. Came back home and the Wifi kicked back on.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah my WIFI is working better since the update. Before it would still be connected to the mobile network with WIFI, now it seems when WIFI is connected my mobile connection is always off like it should be.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Guys, questions about ics belong in the ics forum... we will let you know when that changes :) Thanx.. I'm moving this to the ics forum :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Actually I just have it turned on constantly from my power settings bar. I haven't had to toggle it off to get my 4g to kick on. It's been doing it just fine by itself. I did however do a Factory Reset on my phone as to avoid any conflicts so I don't know if maybe that is why mine is working properly.

scoob5150

Reaction score
Before I received ICS my Wifi would automatically kick in when I get home from work and when I pull out of my drive way it would switch over to 3G or 4G, now with this new ICS is seems like I have to keep manually going into data usage and changing it over. Does anyone know how to fix this with the new ICS. Its a pain having to do it manually when under GB it worked perfectly. Ugh.....

Are you using Smart Actions? I had to delete my smart actions and set them up again after the upgrade to get it to work correctly.