ICS and Alternate Launcher widget weirdness ...

ripper2860

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with alternate launchers such as Go Launcher EX and Apex not showing the widget names, but only thumbnails when at the "Choose a Wdget" selection screen? Started with ICS update. ICS default home screen works fine, but Apex, Go Launcher EX and Nova all have the same issue. :/

fredlpage

Reaction score
I have that issue on my RazrMaxx, too. Worse, after the ICS update, my Launcher Pro worked for a bit, then decided to quit. I turned off the phone and restarted it, but it only worked for a short time. Thought it might be that particular program, so tried ADW, then Apex. Each started working, then quit. Tried Home Switcher, too, but it said it could not start either. I love everything else about the upgrade to ICS, but this has been really frustrating. Anybody know how to solve this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When the developers have a chance to update their products with the new OS I am sure things will be back to normal. Hazards of wanting and installing the latest updates before they are fully supported I suppose.

wernst

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same problem with Go Launcher EX. For now, tap and hold on a Widget name in the Menu, and the name of the widget will appear in the menu.

I assume this bug will get fixed pretty soon.

-Warr

rev0jace

Reaction score
Having the same issue w/ ADW EX. Also having an issue with some widgets to include the stock calendar and GTalk is messed up.

karlo2012

Reaction score
Having the same issue w/ ADW EX. Also having an issue with some widgets to include the stock calendar and GTalk is messed up.
I'm using ADW EX as well. After the update to ICS, the widget took forever to load but it eventually came up but I had to double & sometimes triple press to get anything to happen. So I did a reset..power phone off & back on again. ADW came up quicker than it did the last time. After some hours, ADW & other programs had updates. After updates were installed, ADW was back to normal..except I had to delete some of my shortcuts & put them back on for them to work.

emarioc

Reaction score
Razr Widget Menu No Description Issue

I am also have the issue when using a non stock launcher where the widget pop-up menu is not showing description, just the icons on the left. I am running a non rooted, replacement Razr with an OTA ICS update. All stock here...

-MC