Problem with home launchers on ICS??

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I was just noticing that using GoLauncher, I have been tapping on the icon and it will show the text. PITA

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been trying out some different launchers and I am having the same problem on all of them.

When I go to the widget list, it looks like this....
View attachment 51739

I've tried it on GO, ADW, Apex and a couple others.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I know there are issues with the "Launchers" , I had mentioned my son got ICS OTA last Friday night (a non-volunteer soaker and proud of it) He is using several of the "Go Apps" not the launcher however, GoSMS, Go Keyboard and GoPowerManager are all three(3) working no issues.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same here ... downloaded Apex today and setting up widgets is a serious PITA :blink:

William_04_x

Reaction score
GL looks the same on mine also. You can only see the text when you select the particular widget and its highlighted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah Go SMS, Go Notification, Go Launcher (for the most part), are all working great on this ICS build. The widget thing is a small annoyance and I am sure they will address it soon enough, at least there is the work around.

Edit: Spoke too soon, Go Notification is not working at all for me, no notifications on phone calls, SMS, or Gmail.

Last edited:

snakevette

Reaction score
I was bothered by this issue as well. After thinking about why this issue would exist, I came to the following conclusion. This problem exists because the stock launcher in ICS no longer has the widgets menu in the long press menu. The widgets menu in the stock launcher is now in located in the app launcher.

OP
mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I was bothered by this issue as well. After thinking about why this issue would exist, I came to the following conclusion. This problem exists because the stock launcher in ICS no longer has the widgets menu in the long press menu. The widgets menu in the stock launcher is now in located in the app launcher.

I didn't have this problem on my GNex when I had it. =(

c0c0c0

Reaction score
Yet another neat "feature" from this "upgrade". I cannot wait for stable custom ROMs to start emerging.