Ice Cream Sandwich & Droid X?

Raven1155

Reaction score
Just curious whether or not anyone thinks Verizon will be sending out any more OTA updates, such as to ICS, or if DX's are now upgraded as far as Verizon and/or Motorola plan to take them?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've probably seen the last official updates from VZW. ICS is geared more toward dual core processor phones with 1gb of ram.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I agree. Since the X is past EOL, I don't see it getting any more official OTAs.

TuxDude

Reaction score
Sad to see phones like the DX getting EOL less than one and half years past its launch :|

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing sad about it. 1.5 years in tech speak is a long period. Most technology is obsolete/old in 8-12 months

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Tis the nature of electronics. Not uncommon to see a product life cycle of less than a year...especially mobile phones.

TuxDude

Reaction score
What I mean is EOL not because of weak hardware specs but rather the manufacturer not willing to waste money and effort on a hardware which wont sell anymore.... I guess that is the case with phones when the same manufacturer releases a newer model in less than a year's time span....

Why I meant DX aint such a weak hardware is I've been working with in embedded hardware/software industry and I've realized the potential even with quite outdated hardware...